The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

11 minutes ago, throbber said:

I'm delighted McInnes decided to stay, it's good to see a bit of loyalty in the modern game.

To all the fans of other clubs, like Throbber, sharing our joy, you are the good guys of Scottish football.

Always nice to see an English club wading in throwing their weight and cash about and retreating having got a bloody nose.

Obviously the added bonus in this instance is the involvement of the two *** fucks, Bain and Watty. Sunderland fans appear to be turning on that two. What a shame

8 hours ago, Raidernation said:

I would buy a ST if I lived in Scotland..........hell I may just buy one anyway and sell it for $1 on ebay to a deserving loon or quine back home.

Why not buy a season ticket and then donate it to the Aberdeen FC Community Trust who will give the season ticket to someone that deserves it

To all the fans of other clubs, like Throbber, sharing our joy, you are the good guys of Scottish football.
Always nice to see an English club wading in throwing their weight and cash about and retreating having got a bloody nose.
Obviously the added bonus in this instance is the involvement of the two *** fucks, Bain and Watty. Sunderland fans appear to be turning on that two. What a shame

A real shame about Jonny Hayes though!

Just now, throbber said:

A real shame about Jonny Hayes though!

Agreed mate, although it might well be if Roberts goes elsewhere that Hayes becomes a bit more than a bench warmer for them. In some respects i don't begrudge him his move at his stage of career. We've had a right good few years and to get £1.3m for a thirty year old in the Scottish market is pretty good money. Just wish it wasn't to them he'd gone though.

All told turning into a pretty good week what with Derek staying, club finances getting a major boost thanks to Dave Cormack and getting young Christie back. Imagine there is a fair bit more to come out of Pittodrie in the coming days, as we will have had our targets lined up and expect to see movement shortly given impending European game, Good time to be a Don......now about your boy McGinn ?

It's terrible that Celtic have taken one of their biggest rivals best game players though especially if he isn't playing week in week out. It's just like what goes in the Bundesliga with Bayern. Nobody wants to see it!

Doubt Aberdeen will want McGinn just yet.

Excellent news for Aberdeen that McInnes is staying.  Now it's time to get some new signings in - with the money from Hayes would they go for Lindsay at Partick (unless Oxford beat you to it)? Greg Stewart would be a fantastic signing.

As daft as it sounds it's actually quite an exciting time for Aberdeen fans!

6 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Agreed mate, although it might well be if Roberts goes elsewhere that Hayes becomes a bit more than a bench warmer for them. In some respects i don't begrudge him his move at his stage of career. We've had a right good few years and to get £1.3m for a thirty year old in the Scottish market is pretty good money. Just wish it wasn't to them he'd gone though.

All told turning into a pretty good week what with Derek staying, club finances getting a major boost thanks to Dave Cormack and getting young Christie back. Imagine there is a fair bit more to come out of Pittodrie in the coming days, as we will have had our targets lined up and expect to see movement shortly given impending European game, Good time to be a Don......now about your boy McGinn ?

Fit he said,he could have not signed a new contract and left for free.Wish him well.

Right, lets get some positive transfer discussion going. Who do we want to come in?? I have a few of players I'd like us to get hold of:

1. Liam Lindsay - Oxford are close to getting this done for an initial £250k but I think we should make a move.

2. Shaun Maloney - a few mates of mine are saying this could still happen. I've no idea if they are ITK, but i'd be very happy with Maloney

3. Greg Stewart - Unlikely going by the reports that Redknapp has told everyone interested they can't afford him

As well as signings, what about youngsters. Scott Wright couldn't have done more really with that hat trick at Thistle, so I'd like to see him given more opportunities. Daniel Harvie is only 18 but could be a long term option at LB. Wonder if he will get some chances, especially if Considine is required at CB more after Taylor leaving.

Panic on the Streets of Aberdeen is now over!

Derek McInnes staying is massive for us as we need to rebuild and if he left it would have been a disaster. Now McInnes will have targets ready to sign for the club and hopefully get the players we have targeted. If we lose Jonny Hayes that is a massive blow as our best player since Hans Gillhaus but losing the manager would have been a lot worse.

The Scottish Media have no clue about Aberdeen these days as the club keeps everything confidential which is fantastic - GIRFUY weegie media!

Stand Free and COYR

Edited by Milners

Hugely unexpected news but absolutely delighted, for him to turn down Sunderland is for younger Aberdeen fans like myself, astonishing. For about half my time on earth, Sunderland has been an EPL team with spending power to match, so the fact they can't prize McInnes away is a shock.

It's now up to the board to deliver a budget on the park and the new training ground and stadium off it. On the latter, there's a lot of work to be done to get it past the curtain twitching Tory council and the whining curtain twitching Tory objectors in Westhill. We have to get this through to keep the management team, fail and they will go.

Now to see what the next few days bring.

Quite surprised by this but happy for Aberdeen fans he's decided to stay. Sunderland are a total basket case of a club and are destined for mediocrity until their owners finally get rid of them. Even better to see seething messes wheel out the "Jock Pub League" nonsense when they've been told to take a running jump, delicious. 

I'm not convinced there's much else DM can actually do at Aberdeen other than winning the Scottish Cup and possibly Europa group stages, but he's certainly better than some of the candidates being linked this week. 

All the best for the season ahead, Dons.

Quite surprised by this but happy for Aberdeen fans he's decided to stay. Sunderland are a total basket case of a club and are destined for mediocrity until their owners finally get rid of them. Even better to see seething messes wheel out the "Jock Pub League" nonsense when they've been told to take a running jump, delicious. 

I'm not convinced there's much else DM can actually do at Aberdeen other than winning the Scottish Cup and possibly Europa group stages, but he's certainly better than some of the candidates being linked this week. 

He's specifically mentioned the group stages a couple of times. It will be difficult though, this year is theoretically our best chance, but with what will likely be a transition squad with new players it's not really the best time. Next year, should we qualify for Europe, it gets tougher. I would love to see us in the group stages but it's going to be very difficult.

More cup wins is a must. This is by some way the best Dons side I've ever watched and to only have one league cup out of it is disappointing. Considering in that time St Johnstone, Inverness and Hibs have all managed to win the Scottish cup that's got to feel like unfinished business for the Dons.

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

Thanks, quite relieved in all honesty.

As for what else he can do? I can only talk for myself mind.

If he can keep putting out a team that plays football we can enjoy watching,

that makes you look forward to the next game and makes you proud to be a supporter that will do me.

Edited by ken es