The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

17 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

We're supposed to be challenging for trophies?

I would like to think the 3rd biggest budget would be challenging for trophies although going with Aberdeen fans on twitter it is the last time we are qualifying for Europe and relegation contenders now - at least we are in a lot better position than 2009 when McGhee took over very late in the summer and we had the likes of Ricky Foster, McDonald, Young, Duff, Mackie etc playing for us.

I just hope Derek McInnes makes a quick decision on leaving or not as nothing worse than this dragging on next week as well. Hopefully Aberdeen have already a short list created and doing a due diligence on all managers so we can make a very quick decision if McInnes decides to move to Sunderland. 

Edited by Milners

I would like to think the 3rd biggest budget would be challenging for trophies although going with Aberdeen fans on twitter it is the last time we are qualifying for Europe and relegation contenders now - at least we are in a lot better position than 2009 when McGhee took over very late in the summer and we had the likes of Ricky Foster, McDonald, Young, Duff, Mackie etc playing for us.
I just hope Derek McInnes makes a quick decision on leaving or not as nothing worse than this dragging on next week as well. Hopefully Aberdeen have already a short list created and doing a due diligence on all managers so we can make a very quick decision if McInnes decides to move to Sunderland. 

Correct.

Seems pretty straightforward that he's going, and Hayes, so get it all announced and over with.

Draw for the Europa is next week I think, I'd like to know what's happening before I look at travel arrangements!

However, now the club are cash rich, I expect them to provide free transport for fans, and possibly solid gold seats in the RDS.

So what's the doomsday headline going to be today in this summer of hell.

Graeme shinnie to be dereks first signing for Sunderland?

Given they've just sold a keeper for £30m it'd be borderline incompetent if he didn't look our way for Lewis.

Saw some chat about a gentleman's agreement that he'd stay away from our players though.

Given they've just sold a keeper for £30m it'd be borderline incompetent if he didn't look our way for Lewis.

Saw some chat about a gentleman's agreement that he'd stay away from our players though.

God I forgot about Lewis.

I'd like to think given the position we're in with management and playing staff he'd do the decent thing and not stick the knife in too much!

1 hour ago, anotherchance said:

Why would the Aberdeen board want to negotiate a gentleman's agreement with a club with £30m burning a hole in its pockets?

15 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Its not even like it's a diddy team. By almost every measure you've got to concede that Sunderland are a bigger team than Aberdeen. Massive support with a huge potential. The fact that we're getting around a million quid for him is a bonus in my eyes. He's done a terrific job and as much as I'm gutted he's leaving, he's earned it. I'll be watching Sunderland keenly next year, and I really hope he gets them up. I also hope he gets the time he deserves to create a good squad. 

How are Sunderland a bigger club than Aberdeen?they have not won a trophy or played in Europe for 44 years and just got relegated again.

How are Sunderland a bigger club than Aberdeen?they have not won a trophy or played in Europe for 44 years and just got relegated again.

They play in a 40,000 seater stadium, and historically have one of the biggest fan bases and derbies in the English Premier League. If you were to rank the English clubs by size they'd be, what, fifteenth? They're certainly bigger than Bristol City where he was previously, and represent a more prestigious challenge.

18 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Why would the Aberdeen board want to negotiate a gentleman's agreement with a club with £30m burning a hole in its pockets?

Think it is meant as gentlemen's agreement between AFC and McInnes, not AFC and Sunderland.

Also Sunderland have a debt of £150m and are up for sale, so would hardly describe them as having £30m burning a hole in their pockets