The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

there was rumours that when we enquired about Christie that the reply came back of what about Hayes.

Some cash + christie permanent and GMS on loan would sound interesting. Especially if we can get Maloney on a free transfer and go for Boyce with the cash

Would fairly freshen up the whole team

33 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Tomorrow's Sun newspaper reporting that Celtic want Hayes and are prepared to throw Christie into the deal.

The words "Sun newspaper" and reporting don't really belong together.

But like d31 said,  if they throw Christie, a decent amount of cash and maybe another loan player into a deal, I could forsee that being quite tempting for the club.

The words "Sun newspaper" and reporting don't really belong together.

But like d31 said,  if they throw Christie, a decent amount of cash and maybe another loan player into a deal, I could forsee that being quite tempting for the club.

Michael Grant reporting that Christie is not part of any deal for Hayes. Would be strange if Michael is falling for a "rumour"

According to Michael on Twitter just now.

Christie £500,000 with large sell on Clause for Celtic

Hayes nothing to do with Christie deal

Maloney still in talks

Celtic target Jonny Hayes as Brendan Rodgers looks to re-unite with Aberdeen star.

The Hoops boss is a keen admirer of the Dons wide-man having previously worked with him at Reading.

BYCRAIG SWAN

23:47, 28 MAY 2017
UPDATED 23:55, 28 MAY 2017

Brendan Rodgers wants Jonny Hayes at Parkhead.

Jonny Hayes has emerged as a shock potential transfer target for Celtic.

The Aberdeen star has enjoyed a brilliant campaign at Pittodrie and his performances have caught the eye of Parkhead boss Brendan Rodgers.

Celtic’s Treble-winning boss has several options he’s tracking for wide positions but the Dons star’s form this term has moved him into consideration.

Rodgers has worked with the 29-year-old in the past when he was a teenager at Reading and recently waxed lyrical about the Aberdeen star who scored in the last two meetings of the clubs – in the league at Pittodrie and the Scottish Cup Final.

Rodgers has previously worked with the winger at Reading.

Hayes signed a contract extension five months ago which takes his deal up to 2019 after Dons chiefs kicked out three offers from Cardiff, but cost would not be an issue for the champions.

With Ryan Christie, who spent the second-half of the season on loan in the Granite City, or Gary Mackay-Steven, available as part of any proposed deal Hayes’ position is being assessed.

I suspect/hope that this is just a lazy journalist link. Hayes doesn't fit the Celtic or Rodgers recruitment profile. Replacing Roberts with Hayes for next seasons champions league campaign? No chance.

Don’t you just love football…

All I asked for going into the game on Saturday is they gave it their all, a good honest performance and I certainly got that. It was such a hard one to take but if you don’t take chances against a top team you are always going to be up against it.

I think Jack had a brilliant game and you could see what it meant to him at the end. I really feel it is very much the end of this team in its current form, I fear we will see a few more big players leave in the window. It could be a very long summer.

It’s an odd feeling as I had got used to be able to retain players which is a strange concept to an Aberdeen fan in his twenties. I had pretty much fallen out of love with Aberdeen under Mcghee and Brown, going to games was justified through loyalty not enjoyment. McGinn was a flash a light in those dark times that reminded me why I bothered so am gutted to see him go.

Although they had an imposter as a manager at the time you only have to look at united to see how things can go so quickly wrong after losing the spine of the team. Hopefully McInnis sticks around to stop that happening and it is important that the board supports him.

Officially opens July 1st.

Aye, a long couple of months then.

I'm the most miserable pessimistic b*****d there is, but I'm more interested about who might be coming, rather than leaving.

If we do lose Hayes (which I hope we don't) could he at least hang on for a few Euro qualifiers first please?

I dont expect any under contract players to leave because I dont seriously believe (see Cardiff, Jan 2017) that anyone will come in and blow us away with their offer for an AFC player i.e. start negotiations at £1m

14 players will be announced as leaving tomorrow.
5 youngsters - normal turnover probably replaced by school leavers and maybe a couple of punts from young guys released from eng prem clubs
Alexander - Rogers comes back as a straight replacment. Probably some wages saved too.
Lennox - no need to replace. Wages saved.
Taylor - We need a new commanding centre half but there are no obvious candidates.
Jack - is replaced by Tansey who might not be as skillful but offers a few different things to Jack. Could be a good change.
McGinn - Dons targeting Shaun Maloney to replace McGinn though there would have to be an understanding he wont be doing quite as much work as Niall does for the team
Shankland - This is where the extra budget might need to be used. A new senior striker. Boyce? May? 
Smith - no need to replace as we have Wright and Ross coming through
Pawlett - someone likes James Craigen from Falkirk could be an interestig squad player
Christie - Would be absolutely brilliant if we could get him back either on loan or permanent. Would be pushing for this.

So
Tansey signed already
Rogers recalled from Falkirk
Shaun Maloney on a free
Christie on a season long loan
James Craigen or similar on a free
Dominant and experince centre half 
New striker

James Craigen is under contract and in no way good enough for Aberdeen. He only just came onto a game for us, and we've been pretty dire in the league below all season.

23 hours ago, d31 said:

I dont expect any under contract players to leave because I dont seriously believe (see Cardiff, Jan 2017) that anyone will come in and blow us away with their offer for an AFC player i.e. start negotiations at £1m

14 players will be announced as leaving tomorrow.

5 youngsters - normal turnover probably replaced by school leavers and maybe a couple of punts from young guys released from eng prem clubs

Alexander - Rogers comes back as a straight replacment. Probably some wages saved too.

Lennox - no need to replace. Wages saved.

Taylor - We need a new commanding centre half but there are no obvious candidates.

Jack - is replaced by Tansey who might not be as skillful but offers a few different things to Jack. Could be a good change.

McGinn - Dons targeting Shaun Maloney to replace McGinn though there would have to be an understanding he wont be doing quite as much work as Niall does for the team

Shankland - This is where the extra budget might need to be used. A new senior striker. Boyce? May? 

Smith - no need to replace as we have Wright and Ross coming through

Pawlett - someone likes James Craigen from Falkirk could be an interestig squad player

Christie - Would be absolutely brilliant if we could get him back either on loan or permanent. Would be pushing for this.

So

Tansey signed already

Rogers recalled from Falkirk

Shaun Maloney on a free

Christie on a season long loan

James Craigen or similar on a free

Dominant and experince centre half 

New striker

We announced who was leaving the U20s ages ago: Jamie Henry, Aaron Norris, Robbie Mutch, Dylan Thomas, Joe Nuttall.