The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Jack is a good player who has somehow managed to be both overrated and underrated at times. He's not as bad as people who dislike him think he is, but he isn't the world beater some in our support act like he is. More than that, I think he's replaceable. We will miss McGinn more.

8 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

Jack is a good player who has somehow managed to be both overrated and underrated at times. He's not as bad as people who dislike him think he is, but he isn't the world beater some in our support act like he is. More than that, I think he's replaceable. We will miss McGinn more.

This is the correct opinion. 

I think Jack joining a much bigger, better-supported club yet within the same footballing milieux will be a challenge to him.  I only hope he's up to it.
Edit: I hope Pedro shares a bottle of excellent Portuguese wine with him in his office when he signs on.

"Pedro" "Signs on"

I expect so.

13 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

"Pedro" "Signs on"

I expect so.

Oor Pedro's showing himself to be an excellent character so far.  That he's facing opprobrium as the only Scottish Premiership manager not from the British Isles is to the demerit of the xenophobes.

7 hours ago, Kneetrembler said:

Big Ash is a genuine scoring threat in both boxes. 

The Fucked Clock theory dictates he is due to find a teammate with a raking 60 yard pass twice between now and the end of the season.

Mon Big Ash.

Mc innes was a scoring threat in  India Taylors box.

Allegedly.

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That you think that is to your demerit.

4 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Have you been at the turpentine again?

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Uh oh, Kinky's hit a rogue batch of Bleach.

Cheap posting and playing the man.  Not that I'm surprised ;)

Great summation.

Last week's Celtic game summed it up for me. We missed his guile in the first 15 when we were getting ripped apart, but I think the ball moved a lot quicker through the midfield after that than it may have done if he were there - which resulted in us looking a lot more dynamic and energetic in there.

I do like Jack though and it'd be a poor career move if he went to Sevco. McInnes knows his game inside out and has made him a pivotal part of how he wants to set us up.

I suspect Caixinha will have a "throw shit against a wall and see what sticks" transfer policy rather than any coherent plan or structure. Not convinced he'd get the best out of him at all.

21 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

That's his problem, the goal we lost at Parkhead was entirely his lack of concentration so you would think he'd be sharp for the game last week. Nope, still half asleep and the same goal occurs again. I don't think we can rely on him in any way, shape or form next Saturday.

I still can't get over the penalty he gave away at Parkhead last season. It was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

I still can't get over the penalty he gave away at Parkhead last season. It was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

[emoji1]

I was near the front in the away end that day and (slightly pissed) was absolutely convinced ash had got the ball.

Then I saw the replays the next day...[emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

Absolutely right