The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Tansey is fine - almost certain to replace Jack by the looks of it.

I really like Ryan Jack, but at times felt I was in a minority - and he's had some brutal and OTT abuse from his own fans at times - don't blame him for wanting to move.  Tansey not exactly the same style, so we'll need to adapt - will probably weaken us in certain games (tougher away games where we soak up and break on teams, where Jack tends to be ideal), but make us more of a goal threat in these ever so common home matches when the opponents try to $hitfest it.

I'm one of those that really appreciates Ryan Jack. Folk who don't have f**k all knowledge imo. Anyway, I don't see Tansey weakening us. We have the second best defence in the league (by a country mile). We need to be more focused on scoring goals, and I think that's why we've brought in Tansey

Edited by Illgresi

5 hours ago, Illgresi said:

I'm one of those that really appreciates Ryan Jack. Folk who don't have f**k all knowledge imo. Anyway, I don't see Tansey weakening us. We have the second best defence in the league (by a country mile). We need to be more focused on scoring goals, and I think that's why we've brought in Tansey

I love Jack, serious bromance.  He just makes things tick on around him.  

He's not flash, but he just makes himself available to receive the ball, then give it.

He's not the same quality as say, Michael Essien, but he is that type of player.

I really don't want him to leave.  

Yours

aDONis

Just now, glasgow-sheep said:

We've scored 60 goals this season, scored 62 last year and last time we scored more was 92-93 when we scored 87 goals in a 44 game season
On fire

Only need ten points from our last 8 games to match last seasons total as well.

That being said, we lost six of our last 8 games last season.

Only need ten points from our last 8 games to match last seasons total as well.
That being said, we lost six of our last 8 games last season.

Can't see that happening this time. It's not just about finishing second, it's also about keeping that other lot in third.

I'll be gutted to see Jack and McGinn go, but all the best to them both. Lot of good memories.

Can't see that happening this time. It's not just about finishing second, it's also about keeping that other lot in third.

I'll be gutted to see Jack and McGinn go, but all the best to them both. Lot of good memories.

You're probably right, I hope you are! The last few seasons have all petered out so it would be good to finish strongly. We may even have a cup final to prepare for as well.

Those two will be huge misses of/when they go. McGinn especially has been an outstanding and even slightly underrated player for us imo. He'll be very, very difficult to replace.