The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

All the best to PeePaw. That golden run in McInnes's first full season was incredible, and he was a key player in it.

Still could do a turn for us but would never get a full time run in the first team as we have too many better players.

All the best to the lad in the future, he goes with all our best wishes. Hopefully Robbie Neilson can get the best out of him and PeePaw does well.

Writing on the wall for him when the manager takes two players in on loan in the same season to play your position. I think there is a top player in him somewhere just hasn’t done enough when given a chance to force his way back into the starting 11.

I thought he had a good game on Saturday though, and would still be a great squad player but fair play to him for wanting first team football.  

I am most definitely a Peter Pawlett fan and he has had brilliant games for us, just not enough of them. I will always remember him for the two weeks in February 2014 when he helped to get us past St Johnstone at Tynecastle, and the following week scored the winner at Celtic Park in the Scottish Cup to give me one of the best lock ins I've experienced! Would have been great to hold on to him as a squad player, but can understand why he wants to move on. Just hope that he doesn't end up on the bench at MK Dons as well. He'll have absolutely no problem with the fans between now and the end of the season.

Echoing many of the sentiments above. I hope he does well down south.
A decent player who lacked a bit of consistency and could be very frustrating, but leaves behind some wonderful memories.

All the best to PeePaw. That golden run in McInnes's first full season was incredible, and he was a key player in it.

Still could do a turn for us but would never get a full time run in the first team as we have too many better players.

All the best to the lad in the future, he goes with all our best wishes. Hopefully Robbie Neilson can get the best out of him and PeePaw does well.

Yeah exactly this

This is our best season cup-wise since we actually won the League Cup. I reckon we'll make the final but won't have a shot at Celtic. The **** have the best chance, simply due to the OF factor. If they get to the final, we have a massive chance. But I'm not getting my hopes up. Still would be a good learning experience for the lads, and next season Celtic might be weaker and we'll have a better shot.

The **** have the best chance?! No way, celtic will win easily. They are miles ahead of anyone just now. Sevco are an absolute shambles.

The **** have the best chance?! No way, celtic will win easily. They are miles ahead of anyone just now. Sevco are an absolute shambles.

I think there's an X factor of the OF that still remains. They were close in the other semi. It's also one of the only games where the ref is likely to be fair!

I think there's an X factor of the OF that still remains. They were close in the other semi. It's also one of the only games where the ref is likely to be fair!

You may have a point regarding the ref but since that semi celtic have kicked on and sevco have got worse. Dembele versus Clint Hill. Need I say more!

You may have a point regarding the ref but since that semi celtic have kicked on and sevco have got worse. Dembele versus Clint Hill. Need I say more!

True true, but I'd say the game this weekend will have little bearing on the cup match. Different mindset, and a new manager will be in place. We've seen what we do against Celtic at Hampden. Unless McInnes has a master plan, we'd be goosed.
Easy to say when it's all hypothetical though. I'll be on here saying "y'know what, we could just win this!" if it comes to May and we're in the final v them!

Good move for all concerned I think. I've always liked Pawlett, but he's never pushed on and held down a first team spot, and he's 26 now. Perhaps a change of scenery will spur him on. He should be more than good enough for that league.

WTF is it with the current Aberdeen City Council and some of the citizens of the Granite City,christ the bypass which will be complete next year is 6 to 7 yrs late because of balloons trying to hold it up(and succeeding),now we have more buffoonery from the elected officials !!

Is there some sort of lets stay in the dark ages agenda with some of the Granite Citys inhabitants??