car leasing

Bumping this as Im looking for recommendation of leasing companies for a personal lease.

Ive got one from another P&B'er but they seem a little more expensive than others Ive seen.

Try knocking the spec' down a bit, maybe go for 1/2 leather seats? Every little helps.

Grimbo

Bumping this as Im looking for recommendation of leasing companies for a personal lease.

Ive got one from another P&B'er but they seem a little more expensive than others Ive seen.

Me and the wife both have a car from this mob, fairly impressed with their service to be honest

https://www.firstvehicleleasing.co.uk/

Based in Glasgow

Me and the wife both have a car from this mob, fairly impressed with their service to be honest

Based in Glasgow

Cheers Ruggy

Thats also who the other person recommended

ETA - actually, looking more closely FLV arent really any more expensive than most of the others

Edited by Mr X

• 2 weeks later...

Been thinking about leasing.

Means getting rid of my 7 year old Seat Leon, which to be honest, hasn't given me a spot of bother engine-wise since I bought it. Only got 1 key, CD player's gubbed and the central locking doesn't work (without the spare key) and there's a few other minor cosmetic issues.

Anyone know if lease places take your motor as a trade-in against the initial payment / monthly lease costs?

I had thought about leasing as I like to change cars every few years because I get bored of them and want something new haha. But I am now currently doing around 22k miles a year so any leasing deal I saw wasnt worth it. Last year I changed my 09 Civic for an 11 plate Passat with Arnold Clark and it saved me a good bit a month (cant mind off the top of my head).

Based in Glasgow

Cheers, that's worth noting. I've been leasing through Thrifty Flexifleet. I've found them good to deal with. You do need to provide your own insurance, and some companies won't insure leased vehicles. Computerquote are one of the companies who do.

Edited by jester

Been thinking about leasing.

Means getting rid of my 7 year old Seat Leon, which to be honest, hasn't given me a spot of bother engine-wise since I bought it. Only got 1 key, CD player's gubbed and the central locking doesn't work (without the spare key) and there's a few other minor cosmetic issues.

Anyone know if lease places take your motor as a trade-in against the initial payment / monthly lease costs?

Some do, but I dont think it's that common. Our current car is worth, roughly, twice what the initial payment is on the lease, so we just decided to sell it privately and pocket the difference

Cheers, that's worth noting. I've been leasing through Thrifty Flexifleet. I've found them good to deal with. You do need to provide your own insurance, and some companies won't insure leased vehicles. Computerquote are one of the companies who do.

FVL have been great with us. Been dealing with a really nice Canadian guy called Bill. They've been really helpful and I'm just waiting on approval on our lease now :)

I don't think insurance should be an issue. I got a quote on a comparison website that had an option for leased car and Mrs X got a quote from our current insurer no problem.

Edited by Mr X

I'd stick by FVL but I also know a few guys who have leased through contracthireandleasing.co.uk who have sung their praises. All depends on the car you want and the deals on offer at the time.

• 4 weeks later...

I looked into doing this towards the end of last year but it worked out cheaper just buying a second hand car. I bought a four year old Kia Pro Ceed, which is still under warranty.

I still get numerous emails, texts and the odd phone call from the leasing c***s.

• 3 weeks later...