Bear Grylls - The Island

1320Lichtie

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lost my TV signal a few months ago and didn't bother as I genuinely don't bother with anything on British telly - just American drama series and fitba.

But got it tuned back in so I could catch this on the big screen - I properly loved last year's. This already seems similar, with the two builders filling the role of dicks like Rupert, and the graphic designer assuming the role of the hippy dude who infamously cried about not seeing a turtle :D

The island full of girls is a good idea too. Plenty laughs to be had with both sets of survivors - the lassie crying before even getting out of the boat was a highlight.

Enjoyed both mens and womens episode so far. Find it funny that the guys had a fire, and found the beach on first day but after 4 days the women have split up, gotten lost and let their fire go out. Kinda feel the producers might have to intervene and give them water at this rate.

Enjoyed both mens and womens episode so far. Find it funny that the guys had a fire, and found the beach on first day but after 4 days the women have split up, gotten lost and let their fire go out. Kinda feel the producers might have to intervene and give them water at this rate.

Why the women decided to split up was beyond me. Absolutely baffling. :lol:

The women are on the same island as last year, I remember it. Think the men are on a new island. Was there 2 groups last year? Think there was just one all male one but not sure.

Why the women decided to split up was beyond me. Absolutely baffling. :lol:

The women are on the same island as last year, I remember it. Think the men are on a new island. Was there 2 groups last year? Think there was just one all male one but not sure.

There was just a mens group last series.

Only watched the first two episodes so far. Those two builders are dicks. The younger one slightly less so and he probably has more potential to be a reasonable member of the group, but the old one is just a dick. Neither, though, are as dickish as that young guy who wanted to leave after 24 hours. No amount of slapping is too good for that face

The girls started off as a screamy "oooo snakes" but actually calmed down a bit after that. The one who left, though, was pathetic. Watching the little trail on the map as the went completely in the wrong direction, then round in circles, was hilarious though :lol:

Thought the men were struggling but fucking hell the womenfolk are having an absolute mare!! Love when it shows you the wee map of where they've been. Here there and everywhere - it's like the wee map in The Simpsons when it shows you what Santa's Little Helper got up to.

Apparently the show is in deep shit coz the men on the island killed and ate a crocodile that was actually endangered. They thought it was a caiman but was actually an american crocodile. Hope the show isn't cancelled or anything

I blame Jeremy Clarkson.

Enjoyed the Croc capturing last night. Genuinely had a smile on my face when they were all eating it. Felt happy for them. Between that and the fishing I reckon they will be alright. Night and Day compared to the girls

Cue a woman scalding her arm

Archived