The Forfar Athletic Close Season Thread 2014

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully iain and Ross are moving on too . Marvin Andrews probably will go too.

Be interesting to see who dick brings in a like for like replacement for hilson is essential

Seriously? would hate to see him leaving, Ross is away I believe. Can't see Malcolm joining East Fife, paper talk. As said McCabe and McCluskey no great losses. Shame Jamie couldn't stay fit.

Seriously? would hate to see him leaving, Ross is away I believe. Can't see Malcolm joining East Fife, paper talk. As said McCabe and McCluskey no great losses. Shame Jamie couldn't stay fit.

Yeah, half decent left backs are not easy to get, would hope we can keep Yano.

I'm actually (distantly) related to Malcolm. His father and mine are cousins. My Dad was speaking to Malcolm's Dad a few weeks ago after the Ayr game and Malcolm's young family means he's fed up with the travelling and looking for a club closer to home. He lives in Alloa so not sure if East Fife is that much of a travel reduction so no idea if that part of the rumour is true.

Cannot wait to see Templeman back at Cappielow. Loved him at the Ton.

And this is our benefactor; Morton signing two strikers in consecutive seasons from us for over the odds money.

Thank you Morton.

Neil McCabe's tweeted he's left, and Dick seems to be hoping for movement with players in the next few days going by a Dispatch reporter's tweets.

I'd like Malcolm to stay, we need someone like him in defence, although Brechin fans seem to think we're signing Ewan Moyes or Graham Hay, I'd take Hay. Would love to sign Denholm again too but don't see that happening! Gemmell would be another great signing, again, don't see that happening though.

Hay off to Formartine - works in better for him as a Police man

Good news; Malcolm signs a new deal and Danny Denholm returns.

http://www.forfarathletic.co.uk/index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=items&cid=6%3Anews&id=1398%3Astuart-malcolm-stays-at-station-park-as-danny-denholm-returns&Itemid=27

Happy with Malcolm staying but delighted with Denholm coming back; with it unlikely Hilson will return we need some pace and trickery.

Good news; Malcolm signs a new deal and Danny Denholm returns.

http://www.forfarathletic.co.uk/index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=items&cid=6%3Anews&id=1398%3Astuart-malcolm-stays-at-station-park-as-danny-denholm-returns&Itemid=27

Happy with Malcolm staying but delighted with Denholm coming back; with it unlikely Hilson will return we need some pace and trickery.

Top,top news!

Excellent news on both fronts. Wonder what swayed Malcolm back as a few weeks ago he was keen to leave. Denholm looking to go part time again I heard so he could get a "real" job. Makes sense. He's a graduate and a full time wage at livi will be a pittance.

We finished 7th in a poor league with a very healthy budget. The fitba was again honking and about five decades out of date. Team selections were all over the place (how many players did we actually use?). Any supporter I speak to wants a change.

And yet the Campbells stay?

Forfar used 31 players.

Malcolm signed for Forfar again as he works in Dundee. Comes straight through to training from Dundee.

Ross is apparently going back to Spartans.

Could do with a forward like Trouten or Jackson from Brechin. Caused us no end of grief when we play them apart from the severe pumping we gave City at Glebe start of the year.

Archived