The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

I agree with your post, but of all the players to single out for being shite, why choose a young lad who's had a rough time with injuries?

I also think Teale will be kept on, purely because we won't want to pay him off. It's maybe unfair to blame any of our predicament on Teale, he did get rid of a few players who weren't performing, but again has brought in players that have added little, if anything, to the squad.

Teale doesn't fill me with confidence if I'm honest, but it's difficult to really judge him in such a short space of time.

Yes, and no.

The 'no' bit mainly because he chooses to play Greg Wilde.

Someone at the game last night said "The only positive in starting Wilde is that we can't bring him on as a sub".

Teale playing Wild casts serious doubts over his judgement - especially being a winger himself.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, and no.

The 'no' bit mainly because he chooses to play Greg Wilde.

Someone at the game last night said "The only positive in starting Wilde is that we can't bring him on as a sub".

Teale playing Wild casts serious doubts over his judgement - especially being a winger himself.

Quite incredible that you have used 2 variations of your own players surname in 1 post and that both are incorrect.... Coupled with the misspelling of his first name as well.

Incredible.

Quite incredible that you have used 2 variations of your own players surname in 1 post and that both are incorrect.... Coupled with the misspelling of his first name as well.

Incredible.

He's just taken a Wylde guess...

If this were to happen, I'd move to Paisley and support St Mirren. Please don't happen, I don't want to live in Paisley.

It's actually awright, don't listen to Jeroen! If your only experience of it is from the 1990s then you're in for a pleasant surprise.

Last night was the last game I'll be able to make this year. Spent a grand total of over £300 to watch us score precisely zero goals and concede around twenty.

Would any clubs be interested in McGinn, Mallan or McLear? They seem to be our only sell-able assets (Naismith and Kelly would be pushing it a bit) so if they're off in the summer I think that would be a telling sign regarding financial rumours, I actually think the aforementioned five could make a decent start to rebuilding the squad for the championship. Saw some comments about scouting the lower leagues, I can't help but think of Danny Lennon's forays down there...

Incredible.

Clearly my subconscious wouldn't let me dignify the wage thief by naming him properly.

I've never actually booed a Saints player, but Wyld comes close.

Would any clubs be interested in McGinn, Mallan or McLear? They seem to be our only sell-able assets (Naismith and Kelly would be pushing it a bit)

Based on this season I'd say the only one that has looked like they could get us some sort of fee is Naismith. McGinn is a fine player but hasn't performed anywhere near as good as he can. Mallan is a tidy player, the goal at Dundee obviously being the highlight of his season. I've seen nothing of McLear to suggest he is ready to play in the first team tbh, he looks far too lightweight.

Mallan coming through has been the highlight and he will probably get Young player of the year for us because of that but I think Naismith has been a far more consistent player this season. FWIW, I don't think Naismith will be at Saints next season and I don't believe that will be his choice but the choice of the board should Gilmour et al remain in control.

Based on this season I'd say the only one that has looked like they could get us some sort of fee is Naismith. McGinn is a fine player but hasn't performed anywhere near as good as he can. Mallan is a tidy player, the goal at Dundee obviously being the highlight of his season. I've seen nothing of McLear to suggest he is ready to play in the first team tbh, he looks far too lightweight.

Mallan coming through has been the highlight and he will probably get Young player of the year for us because of that but I think Naismith has been a far more consistent player this season. FWIW, I don't think Naismith will be at Saints next season and I don't believe that will be his choice but the choice of the board should Gilmour et al remain in control.

Naismith is decent going forward but his positioning at the back is absolutely terrible!

Is the boy Mallan actually any good or is his reputation just based on his goal against us?

He looks decent but it's not hard for a player to come into our team and look streets ahead of everyone else this season.

Very strange timing indeed. Bit of a shock really, considering Marc is a St Mirren fan and even though he was out of contract in the summer, I still expected him to be re-signed and still be here next year.

Good luck Cheesy.

Archived