Raith Rovers Summer Window 2014

Basically just a seperate thread to discuss all the going-ons at Starks in the next few months..

Rumours, confirmations, contract extensions etc.

P.S. Got really pissed off with wasp1's shite that he posted on a daily basis on the other thread so that's the reason for this thread

The board arent going to fire Bert. As always money comes first and f**k us fans who have to suffer the cruelty we've to endure week in week out.They will be drooling at the prospect of big crowds for the visits of Rangers Hearts and probably Dunfermline next season - I doubt they give a f**k we're already relegation play-off favourites for next season...

Getting shot of Murray would be a start. He's been a class act as a player, and I'll never forget the wins against Hibs and Sevco but sadly both of those were on the virtue of a solitary "We'll hit you on the break and hope for the best". When it comes to the bread and butter of the league, we've not been an improvement (bar the first few months of this season) over McGlynn minus the never say die attitude.

We should be looking to keep (minus career ending injury) McGurn, Booth (if we can get him back), Watson, Cardle, Moon, Callachan and Baird. We'll have Vaughan and Laidlaw on top of those. In terms of the rest, I'd be content if Hill and Thomson return, but I'd not be bothered about the rest.

As I mentioned elsewhere, as a club it is time we changed our philosophy from the long ball tactics which were on show yesterday. Our current route isn't going to attract anybody to Stark's Park any time soon.

It doesn't matter who we sign, as that spoon in charge will turn them to shit. The lure of nando's after the match is more of a thrill for this lot. We the fans will get the blame as per for not turning up. For all the players who signed one year deals, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. Hope you all enjoyed your piri piri chicken sandwich before you got your plane out to Maga.

I don't think player wise the team is that bad up until October they showed that as well as the cup games. It's either down to managing them bad tactics, not firm enough they are a bunch of bams.

Or tin foil hat conspiracy time. The whole season was set to stay in this league. We looked stick ons for the play offs then it gets to the Queen of the south game win or bust type thing and they suddenly pull it out the bag.

But anyway I'd keep mcgurn watson hill booth moon Vaughan callachan cardle baird Elliott and Smith. Dundee and whoever goes with them will likely off load players so let's sniff around them. Also Dumbarton have a good squad of part timers see if we can offer them anything better.

Agree that on paper a decent squad and this was demonstrated early season. You would expect performances improve throughout the season as the squad gels. I have watched too many home games where visiting team are better prepared: team structure, tactics, set pieces etc. This is down to the manager.

Getting shot of Murray would be a start. He's been a class act as a player, and I'll never forget the wins against Hibs and Sevco but sadly both of those were on the virtue of a solitary "We'll hit you on the break and hope for the best". When it comes to the bread and butter of the league, we've not been an improvement (bar the first few months of this season) over McGlynn minus the never say die attitude.

We should be looking to keep (minus career ending injury) McGurn, Booth (if we can get him back), Watson, Cardle, Moon, Callachan and Baird. We'll have Vaughan and Laidlaw on top of those. In terms of the rest, I'd be content if Hill and Thomson return, but I'd not be bothered about the rest.

As I mentioned elsewhere, as a club it is time we changed our philosophy from the long ball tactics which were on show yesterday. Our current route isn't going to attract anybody to Stark's Park any time soon.

Agree on the player and philosophy front. Would probably add Anderson and Elliot into the content field.

We desperately need someone in the centre of the park that has a bit of creativity, a spark about their play. We have the tenacity with moon and callachan. We just really struggled to create chances this season.

Its been great having bairdy the badge kisser back because least he shows a bit of passion for the club. Joey Cardle has always shown a bit of passion and tact on twitter. The rest are all Maga and Nando's and that has really pissed me of as a fan.

I'm sure Cardle loved winning and wasn't deliberately misleading anyone with the above but defensively he might as well not be there, a lot of running about getting red in the face which looks like effort. Run at the full back in possession then jump in the air; get the occasion yellow to show how passionate he is. I wouldn't want to play against him but would rather have an all-round player tbh.

Think someone like David Weatherston at Stirling Albion would be a good addition for us. Can play wide or up front, played most of his career at this level but was unlucky with injuries and would presumably jump at the chance to move up again. Even him staying part-time could work for both parties.

This will be contraversial but I think we could keep exactly the same squad and do well next season. We need to change the management team and get someone with experience who will instil confidence and demand that the players play football. Murray has allowed our team to become bottlers who resort to aimless long bulbs after 10 minutes of each game.

This will be contraversial but I think we could keep exactly the same squad and do well next season. We need to change the management team and get someone with experience who will instil confidence and demand that the players play football. Murray has allowed our team to become bottlers who resort to aimless long bulbs after 10 minutes of each game.

If we had a decent manager, then you're probably right but we don't and Murray won't be punted until at least half way through next season, and that's only if we're in the bottom 2..therefore the only other solution is punt the players that have shown no passion for the club at all this season.

If we had a decent manager, then you're probably right but we don't and Murray won't be punted until at least half way through next season, and that's only if we're in the bottom 2..therefore the only other solution is punt the players that have shown no passion for the club at all this season.

Maybe the problem is that players have no passion or respect for the manager

Archived