Who is the worst manager your club have ever had?

Reading this thread has made me quite angry tbh. The club treated us like total c***s during Yorkston's era and Hay would certainly be my nomination for worst manager.

Think DA Baracus covered the main points as to why, don't think I could add any more. On such a high one season, expecting to challenge for 3rd again, then you get hit with Davie fucking Hay. Was a disgusting time supporting Dunfermline.

Kenny Black may have got slightly better results than Jimmy Boyle (and won a trophy), but by god the football was dire to watch. Nick a goal then get 11 men behind the ball at all costs, only to lose the inevitable two goals and resort to throwing Bobby Donnelly up front looking for an equaliser that never came. STOP THE CROSS! SECOND BALL! MIDFIELD!

Not that Boyle's stuff was much better to watch, but there was at least the odd exciting youngster came through under him.

I'm not a Loons fan (Meadowbank back in the day) so I can't quite remember if Hegarty directed followed Henry Hall but I do remember Hall's team was quite decent and good to watch whereas Hegarty turned Forfar into a bunch of dirty, cheating cloggers. I've never liked the sod since.

David Hamilton, Michael Moore and Bombscare Henderson. I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat after having bad dreams about that season :(

If the four months of that season were so bad what have the subsequent mangers done to your sleep patterns? When you consider the follow on managers were allowed to build two teams within the same season that both were appalling then it would seem our chairman has tolerance with his managers. Watching things pan out I have a lot more respect for Watt these days as i imagine he walked out rather than wasting his time working with our D Brent esque owner.

Just had a bit of a flashback to the end of the halchaffjordy game.

I think the programs were special editions and cost a fiver? You had to step over piles of them on the way out.

I've never seen such scenes at a game and utter disgust towards a team.

I think it was just not being able to accept the reality of how far backwards we fell in just a few weeks.

Calderwood would've wiped the floor with that side. They had one decent player, wee ginger winger with a Mohawk.

Quite liked Brian Reid. Admittedly Roberts has been pish, it was the Stranraer clique that peed me off the most about Watt. Fair enough you sign the players you know can do you a job but they were absolutely dross as well as the rumours that Watt was giving the fat brown envelopes to some of those diddies makes it worse.

I'm not a Loons fan (Meadowbank back in the day) so I can't quite remember if Hegarty directed followed Henry Hall but I do remember Hall's team was quite decent and good to watch whereas Hegarty turned Forfar into a bunch of dirty, cheating cloggers. I've never liked the sod since.

[quote name="tamthebam" post="8354057" timestamp="1398430294"

Tam

Answered by a more techie literate Loon than me earlier, it was Bobby Glennie after Henry (who wasn't altogether popular by the finish either) and was doing a no bad job steadying the ship as player manager. A few of us at that time felt he got a raw deal and given the shitfest that followed under 'I Played Under Jim Mclean' Hegarty definitely couldn't be any worse.

Hegarty: fell out with Big Stewart our greatest ever player, dropped Brewster (Brewster!), fell out with Charlie Adam who on his day was 1st divisions best midfielder and as you say turned us into a bunch of turgid, cheating b*****ds. He caused the only supporters demo against the board & manager I've seen during and after shafting from Hamilton during the week of the 1992 election. Was disparaging towards a few old guys, who'd been going to Station Park since before WW2, when questioned at a club agm. An utter shite of a man & a shite manager.

[quote name="tamthebam" post="8354057" timestamp="1398430294"

. He caused the only supporters demo against the board & manager I've seen during and after shafting from Hamilton during the week of the 1992 election. Was disparaging towards a few old guys, who'd been going to Station Park since before WW2, when questioned at a club agm. An utter shite of a man & a shite manager.

Most folk on here including some Farfar fans thought we were out of order when we did the same a couple of seasons back.

Just shows that A fan's gotta do what a fan's gotta do!

Stewart and Munro are slightly before my time, and Mackay was awful, but Black and Boyle are far and away the worst managers I've ever seen. I can't believe we gave those two clowns 7 years (!) between them, no wonder most of the fans have gone. The last 18 months of the Boyle era were the absolute pits, just an endless series of defeats and capitulations.

Quite liked Brian Reid. Admittedly Roberts has been pish, it was the Stranraer clique that peed me off the most about Watt. Fair enough you sign the players you know can do you a job but they were absolutely dross as well as the rumours that Watt was giving the fat brown envelopes to some of those diddies makes it worse.

Agreed with Reid, towards the end of his tenure I fell into the trap of blaming him but in all honesty when you take a step back he did an excellent job all things considered. I've never felt lower as an Ayr fan than the Boxing day travesty at Albion under Roberts.

Neil Watt....jesus I had almost managed to wipe him from memory. That'll be a few nightmares coming up.

I've been going since 1994 and the days of Bert Paton, so really it's down to Davie Hay and Stephen Kenny. Both failures in their own way. Although we reached the 2007 Scottish Cup final, SK presided over a run of 9 SPL games without a goal, were humped out the UEFA Cup but, most worryingly, helped us to second bottom of the First Division including 0-5, 0-3 and 0-4 horsings to Hamilton, Stirling Albion and Livingston. Consecutively.

Despite this, I'm going to just about give it to Davie Hay. Ok, was going to be near impossible to continue the same levels of league consistency we had under Calderwood but within 10 months we'd gone from 4th, a cup final and Europe to scrapping to avoid relegation playing some terrible football in the process. He signed one of the worst players I have ever seen in a Pars jersey in Gjorgi Hristov and was in charge of the worst feeling I've ever had as a fan (on the pitch, that is) when we lost to FH in the UEFA Cup.

His last game was a shambolically inept 2-0 defeat at Livingston that had me convinced we were going down. Thank God he got bulleted, we got a lift from Leish coming in and Dundee's Soapy Soutar having a calamity the following week to help us win 5-0 on our way to avoiding the drop.

The FH game in Perth, at full-time I was just numb. I was furious at our own capitulation but I remember myself and many other Pars fans applauding the opposition from the field. But the way we threw that away (and, as DA Baracus alludes to, a fantastic tie against Aachen in the first round) ensured a pretty poisonous atmosphere between fans / club / manager.

Hay never really recovered from that and the football, by and large, was turgid guff. The 2-0 defeat at ICT in their first game back in Sneckie is one of the most inept, disgusting Pars performances I have ever seen. Gary Dempsey's "effort" that day still infuriates me.

David Hay and nobody even comes close. Stephen Kenny and, to a lesser extent, Jimmy Mac had their moments but nobody has came close to that w**k. Took the best Dunfermline team in my lifetime and turned them to utter shite and was gone in less than a year.

Kenny is a bit of an odd one for me. Gave us that great Scottish cup run, wins over Hibs, Dundee Utd, Motherwell & St Mirren in the league were also highlights in 06/07, the motherwell one especially. Performance in the cup final itself was brilliant as well. Fine margins like De Vries dropping the freekick over the line up at caley thistle and Hamill not tracking his man/defence switching off for Doumbe's goal in the cup final cost him dear.

As for 07/08, the team that went down had rakes of talent (an astronomical combined wage I'll add too) which should have been enough to see us bounce straight back up. Think the first two games away at Accies and home to Morton showed that they weren't up for the fight. Kenny has been on record as saying that his instinct was to dismantle the aforementioned clique in the dressing room and start almost from scratch. Fine margins mate, fine margins.

Paul Hegarty.

His reign at Forfar was just the absolute pits. His tactics were everyone in defence and just Stewart Petrie up front and he continually brought in well past it old chums to fill out his squad with.

We've had bad managers since but none that were so openly destructive to us.

This, I've very calm at the football & never shout abuse at anyone, but I couldn't take any more and during a game at Starks Park I snapped...got thrown out just after half time, I thanked the policeman for putting me out my torture. I've seen many shite game supporting Forfar but that period was the lowest of lows

Simon Fucking Stainrod. Think of Dalziel's tenure with all of the cash, remove the impressive cup runs, throw in a relegation, and then two back to back hammerings against Forfar and Berwick. Add a liberal helping of Ian Gilzean, Garry Patterson, Vinnie Moore, Cameron Connie, Barry Crews,Julian Dowe and the likes and then realise that footballing life could not get any worse.

Barr sacked George Burley to get that fat gobshite w****r in. Almost twenty years on and it still gets my heckles up.

Dalziel was like Alex Ferguson in comparison