It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Pride of Lanarkshire

• 1 month later...

The Nightman Cometh is one of, if not, the greatest episode of a sitcom in television history. Charlie’s progressive rage is fantastic, and the live play itself is absolutely sensational. “Dayman (ahhhahaaaah) fighter of the Nightman (ahhhahaaaah) champion of the sun...” is one the greatest songs of all time. I’ve been singing it for days.

Charlie Day and Rob McElhenney are working on a new series set in a video games development studio which they will star in, write and produce. Hopefully it should be able to catch the magic of It's Always Sunny but it'll definitely miss Glenn Howerton.

http://amp.timeinc.net/nme/news/tv/its-always-sunny-charlie-day-rob-mcelhenney-new-comedy-2365141?source=dam

The Nightman Cometh is one of, if not, the greatest episode of a sitcom in television history. Charlie’s progressive rage is fantastic, and the live play itself is absolutely sensational. “Dayman (ahhhahaaaah) fighter of the Nightman (ahhhahaaaah) champion of the sun...” is one the greatest songs of all time. I’ve been singing it for days.
I watched "the gang tries desperately to win an award" recently and the Go f*ck yourselves/spiders song is another Charlie classic.

22 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

100% agree. There are only about 5 shows that have given me that TV stauner feeling where you realise you're watching absolute greatness. This episode is the only one of those moments from a comedy show.

Frank telling all the gangs ridiculous stories as he tour guides for the group of Asian tourists on the riverboat cruise that he’s stolen is an all time great comedy moment.

The look of sheer bemusement on the tourists face is brilliant.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Where are folk watching this? I got the first one on Terrarium but that's to pack in apparently.

For me the first episode showed that love him* or hate him, the show needs Dennis as well.

* I don't think we can love any of the horrible characters, but you know what I mean.

• 4 weeks later...