It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Pride of Lanarkshire

It took me a while to get into this (gave up during the first episode on two occasions), but now I'm hooked. It's absolutely classic tv at times and the dark humour is completely un-American

Your last comment is probably the reason the show never wins any awards over there. Shocking.

First 2 seasons took me years of trying to get started, 3-12 are fantastic though. Although to be fair, 12 gets a bit weird, but the water park is one of my favourites.

My mate always recommended it, but I'd watch an episode from season one and say f**k that it's shite. I'm so glad I persisted.

On 12/05/2017 at 17:41, sergie's no1 fan said:

Rum Ham, Wolf Cola, McPoyles, Dayman, Charlie Work, Danny DiVito, 5 star man, Fight Milk, Cricket, Whore Wife, Fat Mac, Jersey Shore, The Waitress, Night Crawlers, Wild Card, The Warthog, Franks Little Beauties, rape van, Dennis's sex tapes, Dee looks like a giant bird.

Should be enough.

Fight Milk, Killing Rats, Bang Maid, Jew Lawyer, Old Black Man, Golden God, The Ponderosas, Lethal Weapon 5, Accents, Drinking Paint, Toe Knife, Bird Law, Acai Berries Pyramid Scheme, Junk Yard Cat, Visual patdown, The DENNIS system.

I'm almost finished season 3 now.
It's funny but the scenarios they get into are utterly ridiculous.

It what way? As in 'what a bunch of dafties, how have they managed to get themselves into this situation?' or 'well that would never happen!' ?

On 03/06/2017 at 21:13, 19QOS19 said:

Your last comment is probably the reason the show never wins any awards over there. Shocking.

"The gang tries desperately to win an award" is a commentary on which shows win awards, eg, glossy, sparkly, people friendly and phoney. "It's always sunny" is none of those things.

For the people who are saying that the show is "shouty"... yep. It's a bunch of people shouting over each other, and it could not be funnier.

Season 13 is scheduled for 2019, due to the acting and directing commitments of the cast. Rob McElhenney is due to write and direct the Minecraft movie, and the others are busy, too.

On 2017-6-7 at 15:12, Cerberus said:

Dennis and Deandra get hooked on crack in order to get welfare.

Sweet Dee*

On 2017-6-15 at 19:27, djchapsticks said:

Visual patdown

Ocular patdown*

Noobs fs! ;)

On 20/06/2017 at 05:19, Cerberus said:

Awards are who-you-know pish.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine won a Golden Globe and it's humorous at best. Silicon Valley got a Emmy nomination and it's fucking shite.

You're being kind. It's awful, at best. Every single time that I watch it (Haven't watched it since we got Season 1 in the UK) I keep hearing it say "We're trying to be 'Scrubs'".

The last episode....I don't know why I couldn't stop laughing at the 'yuck puddle'. I think it was everything from the name, to Mac and Charlie describing it, to them inferring that it might be sentient instead of a disgusting puddle of who knows what.

Mainly the name though, I've no idea why calling it a 'Yuck puddle' tickles me so much but it does.

15 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

They did finally win an award. They won best cable tv comedy at the people's choice awards!
Though they found out about it online and the award was posted to them. They didn't get an invite to the ceremony!

Are you serious?

If that's true then that is shockingly disrespectful and true snobbery.