Business / corporate speak nonsense

• 7 months later...
Bumpity fucking bump.
So the work is currently undertaking a "business transformation" with all its associated fuckwittery. Such is said fuckwittery that they have issued a glossary to help us "service users" understand transformative approaches which will be cascaded down.
Here is a short quiz, can you guess what single word the definition describes:
1. The completed set of project outputs required to deliver an outcome; this exists prior to transition. It is a service, function or operation that enables the organisation to exploit opportunities.
2. Any resource or process whose capacity is less than or equal to the demand placed on it, thus constraining the flow of work or information through the process.
3. A tangible or intangible component of a project’s output. Synonymous with deliverable.
4. The production of project deliverables in circumstances where time and resources, including funding, are fixed and the requirements are prioritised and vary depending on what can be achieved within this.
5. The quantifiable and measurable improvement following from the completion of deliverables and resultant business change that is perceived as positive by a stakeholder. It will normally have a tangible value that will justify the investment.

Imagine working for a company that actually makes this fucking shit up.  And imagine how much your work is paying somebody to make this shit up on their behalf.  

1. ?
2. Bottleneck or Blockage
3. ?
4. ?
5. Something to do with KPIs?

Anyone else ever have to sit through ITIL training? I did when I worked in IT for the filth. Biggest load of arse you can imagine. To quote my senior colleague at the time "a perfect guidebook in how not to do IT". After we finished the training they dedicated a team to implementing the necessary changes, then decided it was too much work (or more likely money) and scrapped the whole thing.

Anyone else ever have to sit through ITIL training? I did when I worked in IT for the filth. Biggest load of arse you can imagine. To quote my senior colleague at the time "a perfect guidebook in how not to do IT". After we finished the training they dedicated a team to implementing the necessary changes, then decided it was too much work (or more likely money) and scrapped the whole thing.

Agile is the new ITIL

Just now, Swarley said:

Agile is the new ITIL

Enthusiasts for Agile (known among my peers as "scrumdamentalists") never seem to spot the glaring flaw in the whole methodology: it could only ever work if the client bought into it and played their part. Which they never do. They see it as "cool, we can change our minds whenever we like without having to extend the release date or pay any more money".

Has "Talk them off the ledge" made it's way over to you yet? It means "The customer is seriously pissed off and I'm hoping you can fix it".

Or more commonly "I fucked up but I'd rather the customer shouted at you about it."

A few years ago I listened to a female telling my gaffer about their new role. Every buzzword and phrase in existnce was used in a 20 minute blurp of utter drivel. When she finished I told her that she could certainly speak w**k now would she like to try it in English. Not a happy bunny and gaffer tried hard to stifle his laughter.