Business / corporate speak nonsense

All this shite usually flies over my head, working and living here has seen to that. You can't be talking in riddles to the natives, however when we have 'clients' ;) over from Europe, Aus or USA, it's fucking ridiculous.

I had a lunch meeting with 2 agents from Australia last week, these 2 were in their late 20's and all they were talking was buzzword after buzz. I had to stop them to say that we had Thai's present and they don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about.....neither did I 8) , they apologised & then we could talk straight

Edited by SlipperyP

All this shite usually flies over my head, working and living here as seen to that. You can't me talking in riddles to the natives, however when we have 'clients' ;) over from Europe, Aus or USA, it fucking ridiculous. I had a lunch meeting with 2 agents from Australia last week, these 2 were in their late 20's and all they were talking was buzzword after buzz. I had to stop them to say that we had Thai's present and they don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about.....neither did I 8) , they apologised & then we could talk straight

They use it to try and hide their ineptitude........bullshit baffles brains as they say.

I'll ping it across to you. No you won't, you will email it. Inexplicable rage when that got said in my last office.

people who either walk over to you or phone to say "did you get my e-mail?"

Well did you get an Undeliverable or Out of Office message back? No? That means I got it dickwad. And if you haven't had a reply, it means I've either been too snowed under with stuff I regard as more urgent, or it's a complete irrelevance that I'm going to do my level best never to respond to at all. Either way, speaking to me about it isn't going to get you a response any quicker (or at all).

Been working on internal recruitment recently, it's almost like we put out an advertisement asking for people who 'work efficiently as an individual and as part of a team'

This genuinely must be on 90% of CVs. Begins to get irritating

For sure, for sure..... Let me run this past you....

Apologies to OFAH.

Been working on internal recruitment recently, it's almost like we put out an advertisement asking for people who 'work efficiently as an individual and as part of a team'

This genuinely must be on 90% of CVs. Begins to get irritating

My CV must be the greatest works of fiction since Sean Connery's wikipedia page..........I've just become so much of a cynic the last few years that I can even start to feign interest in my work anymore! I think it's down to dealing with utter cnuts all the time!

Anyone else feel like this?

Edited by sjc

My work isn't usually too bad for it, although the "verb" action really grinds my gears.

About a decade ago during a meeting that was dragging on and on, I found myself saying "can we put this issue to bed?".

I still feel the shame to this day :(

My CV must be the greatest works of fiction since Sean Connery's wikipedia page..........I've just become so much of a cynic the last few years that I can even start to feign interest in my work anymore! I think it's down to dealing with utter cnuts all the time!

Not exactly, however I like say "herding cats" if you think about it, this is what being a Manager in Thailand feels like.

My work isn't usually too bad for it, although the "verb" action really grinds my gears.

About a decade ago during a meeting that was dragging on and on, I found myself saying "can we put this issue to bed?".

I still feel the shame to this day :(

Depend which kind of "meeting" you're taking about ;)

Edited by SlipperyP

I used to. That's why I gave it up.

I'll ping it across to you. No you won't, you will email it. Inexplicable rage when that got said in my last office.

I also hate the word client with a passion. I don't know why, it just seems incredibly wanky.

Is 'stakeholder' still one of these words? I fucking hate when people start talking about stakeholders. c***s.

I'll ping our creatives to action them into leveraging our competitive advantage by empowering internal stakeholders to push the envelope going forward.

Edited by banana

No really the same but my boss always asks me if i'm winning. I do accounts work so it's pretty hard to not be "winning". Everytime he says it it just makes me think of the Charlie Sheen type of winning and my "yep" makes my heart sink as i realise how doing mathematics without drugs every day is not what Sheen would consider winning.