Business / corporate speak nonsense

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

the-princess-bride-inigo-montoya.gif.8b4ca79c019afc6b6a24b7467ce8ee8c.gif

In Airdrie we had Aldi and Lidl, but Lidl shut, so Aldi opened another. Now Lidl have opened a new shop and Aldi are closing one of theirs.

I tell that one at parties.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

23 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

In Airdrie we had Aldi and Lidl, but Lidl shut, so Aldi opened another. Now Lidl have opened a new shop and Aldi are closing on of theirs.

I tell that one at parties.

Ben Keaton in Father Ted - YouTube

HMRC have won the corporate BS Bingo

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/hmrc-it-strategy-2022-to-2025/hmrc-it-strategy-2022-to-2025

Transforming the way we work
In line with HMRC’s strategic priorities, at CDIO Group we are in the middle of a multi-year journey to transform how technology delivers value for HMRC, our customers and our partners.

We are working closely with policy and operational colleagues across HMRC to build strategic roadmaps for our critical enterprise platforms and co-create capabilities that HMRC needs for the future. We are transforming the way in which we work and collaborate across our internal and external supply chain, to be more agile to business needs while being resilient to macroeconomic and technological change.

My team and I are committed to enabling technology as the beating heart of HMRC – Making Tax Digital, administering our taxation and customs regime efficiently, and delivering a seamless experience for our customers and colleagues.

Tom Skalycz, Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Chief Digital and Information Officer’s Group

Which is a lot of words to say our IT is shite.

1 hour ago, Buzz Killington said:

HMRC have won the corporate BS Bingo

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/hmrc-it-strategy-2022-to-2025/hmrc-it-strategy-2022-to-2025

Which is a lot of words to say our IT is shite.

HMRC customer? If that's the case I will take my contributions elsewhere.

• 2 months later...
30 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Hears the phrase "Slopey-shouldered" a few times recently. 

In reference to a person or organisation that just doesn't give a shit. Not trying hard, not eager to get on with things, just doing the bare minimum. 

Comes from 'to shoulder the burden' to take responsibility, slope your shoulder and the problem figuratively goes away.

• 2 months later...

A marketing "expert" on the radio earlier talking about something being "a win/win, and not just for one side". 

The Office Crying GIF

This kind of gobbledygook got spouted by marketing tubes when I worked in a big corporate.

They think speaking shite in a posh accent excuses their utter stupidity..........

Lassie at my work, been there for years.

She pretty much owns the whole internal estimating process for our department, to such a degree she'll actually argue with experienced IT architects about how they've designed something. 

Frequently told me my estimates were wrong, so I knocked up a thing in excel to show x meetings plus this much work, plus this timescale gives you a number.

But her worst crime is insisting on using the term 'doability' in a broad Lanarkshire accent. Sounds more like 'dooabulidy'

1 hour ago, Peil said:

Lassie at my work, been there for years.

She pretty much owns the whole internal estimating process for our department, to such a degree she'll actually argue with experienced IT architects about how they've designed something. 

Frequently told me my estimates were wrong, so I knocked up a thing in excel to show x meetings plus this much work, plus this timescale gives you a number.

But her worst crime is insisting on using the term 'doability' in a broad Lanarkshire accent. Sounds more like 'dooabulidy'

She's the Queen Bee, donchaknow ?

She loves lording it over the office juniors and folk with less 'time served' than her.

She loves telling you that you're wrong.

She is insufferably resistant to change. "Wuv eiywieys dun' it like this..."

We all have experience of one of these harridans.

One of the downsides of office life.