Business / corporate speak nonsense

• 1 month later...

Currently sitting on a conference call where our new company president is trying to spin the fact that a bunch of people got laid off last week.

"Good companies create internal growth opportunities for their employees but they also create external growth opportunities."

Losing your job is an "External growth opportunity."

When you send an email to a colleague in the states asking a question and the email back starts;

Thank you for reaching out to me...........

I wasn't reaching out I was asking a fucking question and hoping for a straightforward answer c**t-brain.

13 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

When you send an email to a colleague in the states asking a question and the email back starts;

Thank you for reaching out to me...........

I wasn't reaching out I was asking a fucking question and hoping for a straightforward answer c**t-brain.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've considered sending this to American colleagues but have shat out of it. I'll do it one day.

598d9428913f3_reachout.png.d25aa94a74da2d25f2c7aa8322516261.png

24 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I've lost count of the amount of times I've considered sending this to American colleagues but have shat out of it. I'll do it one day.

Ha. A post deserving of your 5,000th greenie. I'm definitely going to send that out to a few choice people...

• 2 months later...
On 8/11/2017 at 05:25, Rugster said:

I always have a little bit of fear when I open this thread because too often I see phrases I've been guilty of using myself. This was one of them. I haven't used it since your post appeared though and I'm proud to say that today, when someone asked if I could "Reach out to..", I responded with "Yes, I'll talk to them."

A small but important step for me.

Our Executive VP hosted a "town hall meeting" today. Made me think someone was going to give a presentation on a Monorail.

He's Irish and used the phrase "too many chiefs, not enough Indians" which lead to a few sharp intakes of breath from some of the Canadians

• 3 weeks later...

Was interested in buying a piece of software that I need. Found a good one and was reading about its feature. One of them was its ability to "Credentialize your workforce". 

It goes without saying that I'm not buying their software... don't care how damned good it is. 

• 3 weeks later...

Once again this year, in order to ensure our activity is focused in the right areas to achieve profitable growth, together with the ExCo, we have developed a new set of key strategic objectives for the whole organisation. These have been amended since last year taking on board all feedback.  The continued unified approach to Objective setting gives us clear direction and ensures we achieve individual and collective success.  The attached guide introduces the new strategic business objectives and provides information on how to set objectives this year both for Managers and Non-Managers.  Please make sure you cascade this new pack to all Line Managers within your team for them to use when agreeing their own and their team’s Objectives.  

In summary, everyone should have 5 objectives made up as follows: 

·         From the selection of Strategic Objectives, all those with Line Manager responsibility will identify 3 which are most relevant to them and agree with their Manager the detail and measure of each which would be specific to them

·         People Managers will also take a People Objective – dependent on whether they are TCLC or other People Managers

·         All colleagues will take a Customer Objective

·         People Managers should then agree 1 more additional objective specific to their business area

·         Non-Managers will agree 5 local objectives with their Line Manager using the Strategic Objective Themes and Titles ensuring that at least one of these is Customer based

:blink:

How about I just try and do my job well, aye?