Black Sails

WhiteRoseKillie

Anybody else caught this? Available on Amazon/Lovefilm streaming, it's a pirate story set 20 years before Treasure Island, with younger (or still alive) versions of many of that story's characters. I've watched three episodes so far, and it seems to be the now expected US mix of decent production values, plenty of action, "shocking" language, violent deaths, and a fair bit of nudity, including some light lesbianism. Quite enjoying it, to be fair.

Said light lesbianism involves these two, by the way...

Max_Eleanor.jpg

• 1 year later...

Just finished watching Season 2 of this.

Can't believe how little exposure it has had. Excellent viewing in my opinion.

Plus the wee French tart Max is outstanding.

Some cracking action scenes, heaving bosoms in corsets, sea battles and intrigue. What's not to like.....

Started watching it on history last week, so just caught the first two episodes. Looks promising, and the two female leads are easy on the eye and not shy about getting naked which certainly helps.

Bought the first season on DVD a few days ago (depressingly got ID'd for it, it's a 15, I've been old enough to buy this DVD for 11 years) and I've watched the first couple of episodes. So far so good. I have a tendency to enjoy most things relating to pirates, and I loved Treasure Island when I was growing up, so it's quite fun to see the characters prior to the events in the novel.

• 6 months later...

Arrrrr, no updates even for last season ?

First 3 done for new series, fuckin excellent . Lesbian pirates cap'n? Arrrrr...

And Blackbeard is in it now (that's the one one the left in wrks pic, fnarrr)

CoolClips_wb027043.gif

Thank fuckity that showbox has finally got a fairly stable build.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fantastic end of series episode .

Pirate on redcoat action aplenty, Ships of the Line unloading at one another, Treasure is buried and Long John Silver is created.

Soooperb , it really does get better and better.

And the next season is being shot the now :)

Fantastic end of series episode .

Pirate on redcoat action aplenty, Ships of the Line unloading at one another, Treasure is buried and Long John Silver is created.

Soooperb , it really does get better and better.

And the next season is being shot the now :)

You know the next season is already on Amazon, and therefore probably also available from other, less reliable sources.....

You know the next season is already on Amazon, and therefore probably also available from other, less reliable sources.....

? That was '3' I've just finished , '4' definitely ain't out yet.

(Showbox for me :) )

? That was '3' I've just finished , '4' definitely ain't out yet.

(Showbox for me :) )

Sorry - I've not got to the end of three yet, and your description sounded like the end of two. Especially the bit about Silver. Good to know there's another lesbian on the horizon, though.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived