Silicon Valley

Quentin Taranbino

New HBO comedy drama. It's two episodes in so far, sort of like a geekier version of Entourage.

Anyone looking to pick up a new show, should definitely check this out. I'm gonna make a prediction that this show will be around for a long time. Definitely has legs, and some potentially brilliant characters.

Found it a bit "meh" so far but it definitely has potential. The guy who owns the house is a bit annoying but the main character and the boy from The Office are decent.

I'd never thought of it as similar to the Entourage but I see what you mean. I was going to compare it to TBBT due to the geeky characters. It's a bit of a mixture of both.

• 1 month later...

Good season finale.

Absolute shame about the Christopher Welch, who played Peter Gregory, died of lung cancer at 48, leaving behind a wife and a child. I had no idea until the season finale, that he was actually dead.

He was really good in the show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Can't wait, season 1 was great and the ending to the finale was outstanding, will need to watch season 1 again before it comes back

Currently working through season 1 on sky again as they've been repeating it over the last few weeks. The season 1 boxset goes up the day the new season starts, so good opportunity to binge watch it all before the new episodes. :) Forgot how much I enjoyed the first season until seeing it all again. Don't get the hate on this thread for the guy who owns the house though; I think he's great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bit disapointed with the second series so far, although Im a couple of episodes behind. Shame as I really liked the first series

They probably had to change their plan for the first few episodes of season 2 when the actor that played Peter Gregory died. Bit of a shame, he was a great character.

Didn't think much of the first 2/3 episodes of the season, but it's gotten a lot better. I felt the same about the first few episodes of the first season as well, tbh, but that ended strongly so hoping this season will be the same.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't think much of the first 2/3 episodes of the season, but it's gotten a lot better. I felt the same about the first few episodes of the first season as well, tbh, but that ended strongly so hoping this season will be the same.

Well, Ive now watched the first four and, if anything, the fourth was worse than the first three. The show has lost any kind of direction and seems to blunder from one nonsensical conversation to another. Still, we might be treated to more hilarious "cnut" jokes from the girl developer or the even more hilarious Chinese guy who gets things wrong because he cant speak English <_<

Archived