The Alloa Athletic Thread

On 17/05/2018 at 08:57, Waspie said:

Agreed. Fleming was the big decision and whilst he would have brought leadership it would have been a big ask in the DM role. 

All down to the recruitment now.

On 18/05/2018 at 13:12, Magic Hat said:

I completely agree with the free transfers, no real surprises apart from possibly Gary Fleming who has been a good player for us but think this is the right decision as he is not fit enough to play at Championship level.

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Dunno about you but I'm dying to announce some signings...:shutup

Second signing 

Black-645364.jpg.abba9b58bad661b9fea39de0627361f4.jpg

Meggatt confirming he's away on Twitter by the looks of it. Wish him all the best.

Gutted the way this season has gone for him. However, was expecting him to get given a pre-season to show his fitness levels. Need a few centre backs now, with Frank, Daryll and McCart moving on. Only really leaves Andy (if he signs)... but to be honest - all you need eh! [emoji7]

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Dunno about you but I'm dying to announce some signings...:shutup

Sure the club will announce these things off their own back when the time is right.

I say this with the nicest possible intention. Kirkys return in the second leg was already leaked the morning of the play off final second leg. This was largely forgotten about in the glory that followed. The last thing the club needs right now is a return to wasps1 level of fuckwittery on internet message boards.

7 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Sure the club will announce these things off their own back when the time is right.

I say this with the nicest possible intention. Kirkys return in the second leg was already leaked the morning of the play off final second leg. This was largely forgotten about in the glory that followed. The last thing the club needs right now is a return to wasps1 level of fuckwittery on internet message boards.

Eh? I'm not touting anything as being in the know. If someone says something to me that's official I don't say it on here not until its signed, sealed, delivered. If someone tells me some gossip then I might say it because I think its interesting.

I'm just looking forward to signing someone. You'd expect all the boys at the promotion party to be back bar Kirky and Stewart. 

Beyond that a left back or maybe two, a centre mid, Greig Spence, Morgyn Neill, David Galt and depending on the status of Kirky and Stewart next year, another striker is my wishlist.

Edited by LeodhasXD

21 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Thats nice to know :)

Parry left Airdrie because he didnt want to go full time.

I wonder if there's something similar going on with Scott Gallagher; really surprised he's back down at this level. Assuming Airdrie are back to being part-time, of course. Easy to lose track.

Also, I'll be delighted when Ian Black finally decides to jack it in. These McDonalds sightings have gone from funny to slightly terrifying  :lol:

Beyond that a left back or maybe two, a centre mid, Greig Spence, Morgyn Neill, David Galt and depending on the status of Kirky and Stewart next year, another striker is my wishlist.

Morgyn Neil signed for Stenny. Bit of a random shout, Leodhas. Hope we can bring in better! Jamie back? [emoji1317]

Just now, KierenAAFC said:

Morgyn Neil signed for Stenny. Bit of a random shout, Leodhas. Hope we can bring in better! Jamie back? emoji1317.png

Think he did well against us. Wouldn't mind a big bruiser to boss the back.

Would be happy with Jamie but I still see him staying full time with someone.

On 20/05/2018 at 14:53, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Scott Gallagher; really surprised he's back down at this level.

If you'd watched him this season you really wouldn't be surprised. Had some good moments but he's largely a complete bombscare. Some decent performances in the play offs appear to be clouding my fellow Sons fans minds but the first 6 months of the season we were basically showing up to games wondering how many he'd throw in. 

Really not fussed he's gone to Airdrie.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

If you'd watched him this season you really wouldn't be surprised. Had some good moments but he's largely a complete bombscare. Some decent performances in the play offs appear to be clouding my fellow Sons fans minds but the first 6 months of the season we were basically showing up to games wondering how many he'd throw in. 

Really not fussed he's gone to Airdrie.

He was fantastic for us in the Championship. Particularly fond memories of him defying Rangers at the Recs and Ibrox. But Jack Ross was his manager and everyone is a player when Jack is their gaffer :wub:.