The Alloa Athletic Thread

So who do we all want to finish top?  Or to put it another way, who do we all think we have the best chance of beating to get up to the Championship?

There hasn't been much in it in all of the games between us and both teams.  Personally I would rather take on Ayr as we have beaten them on their own patch and should have done so in the first game also but for a late, late goal.  

Close call though!

3 hours ago, fruitbowl said:

I want to end up in the same division as Ayr. The match threads are a joy. Extras like the commentary that accompanied last weeks highlights from the Gazebo have to be treasured.

Absolutely belting wasn't it lol

Since our match thread will be hijacked about the bottling job of them - thoughts on Raith?

Think I would’ve preferred Dumbarton but we can compete against Raith so should go into it confident. Hopefully Stevie & Flanny back for Wednesday. Very amusing they couldn’t beat us with a weakened team.

Thanks for today lads. All the best in the play offs.

As I walked out the game last Sunday, one seething fan told us f*ck off cause we were scum and 15 seconds later another wished us all the best at Raith. I suppose most of you are alright! ;-)

Didn’t think we’d do it for you today but you deserved to win it so good outcome. Congrats & see you next season! [emoji1317]

As I walked out the game last Sunday, one seething fan told us f*ck off cause we were scum and 15 seconds later another wished us all the best at Raith. I suppose most of you are alright! ;-)

Didn’t think we’d do it for you today but you deserved to win it so good outcome. Congrats & see you next season! [emoji1317]
Apologies for the first numpty.

For the vast majority of us the anger was rightly aimed at our own team.

You lot have had a week of outstanding trolling. You've given me a week of pain and yet the last hour has been glorious.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, KierenAAFC said:

Since our match thread will be hijacked about the bottling job of them - thoughts on Raith?

Think I would’ve preferred Dumbarton but we can compete against Raith so should go into it confident. Hopefully Stevie & Flanny back for Wednesday. Very amusing they couldn’t beat us with a weakened team.

I'm disappointed in that all of our games against Raith have been a grind. Poor to look at for long periods. If we were to get Ayr, every game we've played this season has been a classic. I feel like we'll not make the Alba final. 

(keep expectation low then it won't hurt)

Eventful end to the league season. I'd have been happy enough with two low key defeats and resting a few players ahead of far more important games, but hopefully the players will have taken a boost from doing well against the two best sides in the league. Hopefully too Flanny and Hetherington will be ok for the play-offs.

If everyone is fit I think the midfield and attack is the same as played against Ayr. Only real question I see is at the back. In general I prefer Taggart at RB and I feel we miss him in attack in particular when he is at CB, although Robertson never lets us down. However, there is an argument that the central of defence actually looks a bit more solid with Graham and Taggs together. Interesting call for the manager, although suspect McCart will go back in. Great to have the option of Meggatt too now.

Nothing to lose, hope we have a real go at Raith. C'mon the Wasps.