The Alloa Athletic Thread

11 hours ago, Not a Bee said:

One fine save last weekend but Parry is a shadow of himself from last season. He looks overweight and unfit. Conceded a few goals that he would have saved last season. Taggs and Andy yes. Has covers the least amount of ground from any outfield player by far. He would be a player if he could shed weight and get fit. Stevie we have discussed at great length already. If Smith hits the ground running then PJ  will be a bit part player off the bench. McKeown has no future as Goodie kept Taggs in middle when he was fit. Meggatt unimpressive thus season.

I wasn,t going for a player critique,was just naming the players i believe Goodwin will play.There is absolutely no chance he will leave out Parry.The manager has put every loan signing straight in so there is nothing to suggest PJ will be a bit part player when he returns from injury.

41 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Fuckin hell :lol:

It's not that bad :lol: the idea in the end is to get automated infographics on the players. Set up a spreadsheet. Code some buttons that write into the spreadsheet with VB. Add some tables with pretty simple formulas to  collect the data  and after watching the game in 90 minutes you have your performance analysis on the players.

Not that we're ever included in the project brave press releases but whatever criteria our youth setup is going to be under (Advanced Clubs or whatever the tier is called) needs a section of performance analysis. So something will need to be set up at some point on that front.

You,re stats,interviews and highlight packages are top class,certainly not pissing in the wind.

Agree with this. Leo... is doing a great job.

While I come down firmly on the side of Father Barry in the debate specific to Stevie H (I think he's been a top player this season) I believe you can take a lot from good statistical analysis as a manager. The more information provided the better, although its usefulness depends a lot on the person using it's ability to properly understand it. It's clearly a very interesting area.

On the loans subject, again that's an interesting one and there have been several good points well made. Ultimately, if we go up then that's the end goal achieved and no matter how we achieve it the end will IMO justify the means.

However, I really feel for the likes of Cawley and Robbo when they can't get in the starting eleven when they are such cracking players who gave never let us down. Robbo in particular would be rightly pissed off at playing (well) out of position for several weeks only to lose his place with the signing of McCart.

4 minutes ago, pencils said:

If we had this team with these loans at the start of the season and players playing in the positions they were today I reckon we wouldn't be far off challenging for the League

I thought the exact same thing today, If we hadn't started so disastrously we might've been in and around Ayr and Raith.

Everything to play for . We are strong and well balanced at the moment and in a great place for the play offs. No one will want to play us. 

We have the best midfield in this division . Fleming has been an absolute revalation since moving into midfield . Herrington has benefited moving into a more central role under the careful  mentoring of Jim Goodwin and has developed an edge to his game. He has had a terrific season. 

I am convinced we will be promoted via the play offs. 

Mon alloa

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to remember the Ibrox Department of Philosophy deciding that MM's big team was Celtic back when we were in the same division.

That's literally all it takes for some to enter full-on open letters, petitions, and boycotts mode.