The Alloa Athletic Thread

22346634ea608dbd147f9ce7d45f34bf.jpgTeam today. Starting 11 looks very strong even with Grant, Parry & Renton missing. However that bench needs bulked up before the season starts!

ETA - I see the mistake on the bench now & Thomas Grant should be there also. Even still..

Quite enjoyable as far as goalless pre season friendlies go. Was good seeing all the young boys get a chance 2nd half. Martin the stand out for me.. maybe play a bigger part this season than I initially expected.

I think young Declan looks good...for such a young lad he's good physique and does not get nudged off the ball easily...I think all the new signings will do a good job...

Especially looking forward to seeing more of Thomas Grant...

2 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

22346634ea608dbd147f9ce7d45f34bf.jpgTeam today. Starting 11 looks very strong even with Grant, Parry & Renton missing. However that bench needs bulked up before the season starts!

ETA - I see the mistake on the bench now & Thomas Grant should be there also. Even still..

I only had 2 minutes to do it before I had to start filming :D

Run of the mill pre season game, reasonable enough. Early doors but plenty to think about.

Fleming will be an asset but looks like he'll be more of a threat if we can look to him more as an outlet rather than making him do a lot of the work.

Back 3 McKeown, Graham and Meggatt looks excellent, very solid and overall the shape of the team as a unit looks fine. I still think we need someone in the middle to take the ball off the defence though. However McKeowns distribution a bit better today but still hit and miss. Hetherington played quite deep, so maybe that's what we are going for.

Speaking of Hetherington, he's the one player which gives us dig and aggression in the middle. Plenty good work there overall. We know what Flannigan and Cawley can give us, and they stood out today. Cook also looks a decent signing- a good combination of attacking threat and hard work to get us up the park.

McDonald did well coming on. Not quite ready yet for first team but getting there. Still to be convinced about the attacking threat but very early days of course.

Very entertaining game for a goalless pre season match i thought.

Mcd was the stand out for me he made some fantastic saves, also malcolm never stopped hassling there defenders.

Looking forward to seeing renton now because i feel he will give us something different.

Back 4 absolutely solid but i felt we were very exposed on the counter last season.

Jack didnt seem very happy on the touch line.

14 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

If it was a back 5; it would have been Taggs, Graham McKeowen Meggatt, & then who played left wing back? Or am I way off?

I'll have it in the highlights it was a 4-2-3-1 Flanny and Robertson sitting Cook Fleming Cawley and Malcom up front. 

Just thought you guys might like to know, young Calum Waters played for Killie today in a friendly against a very decent Livingston side, who will surprise a few in the championship, and scored the only goal in a 1-0 win.

He played left side of midfield and had a great game for being played out of position for the 70 mins he was on the pitch, good touch, pass and pace and a deft chip to lob the keeper for his goal, a very good prospect indeed, cheers.

All the best for the coming season lads [emoji106]

15 hours ago, falkirkwasp said:

Very entertaining game for a goalless pre season match i thought.

Mcd was the stand out for me he made some fantastic saves, also malcolm never stopped hassling there defenders.

Looking forward to seeing renton now because i feel he will give us something different.

Back 4 absolutely solid but i felt we were very exposed on the counter last season.

Jack didnt seem very happy on the touch line.

He was raging in his post match interview on St Mirren tv. While it was a friendly he indicated that the whole squad were given a roasting. Only Ross Stewart our new keeper was given pass marks. 

Looks like Sutton & Rocco Quinn are on their way out as Jack recruits at least 3 more players to boost the squad.

Good luck to the wasps for the season ahead, your in good hands with big Jim.

He was raging in his post match interview on St Mirren tv. While it was a friendly he indicated that the whole squad were given a roasting. Only Ross Stewart our new keeper was given pass marks. 
Looks like Sutton & Rocco Quinn are on their way out as Jack recruits at least 3 more players to boost the squad.
Good luck to the wasps for the season ahead, your in good hands with big Jim.

Yeah i have since watched that interview, i must say i dont see what either quinn or sutton add to your squad to be honest and i'd imagine both will be on a decent wage.

13 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

Yeah i have since watched that interview, i must say i dont see what either quinn or sutton add to your squad to be honest and i'd imagine both will be on a decent wage.

They will be on a good wage so both leaving will free up more space for Jack to bring in at least another 3. We desperately need a quality centre back and an experienced forward as well as a replacement for the injured Kyle Magennis, who is a huge loss.

They will be on a good wage so both leaving will free up more space for Jack to bring in at least another 3. We desperately need a quality centre back and an experienced forward as well as a replacement for the injured Kyle Magennis, who is a huge loss.

I'm sure jack will get it right, yeah apparently thats another reason he was raging.

Has david clarkson left or been released or what?

50 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

What's up with Kris Renton if anyone knows, is it an injury? If so will he back for Ross County? Saw he played against Celtic but hasn't since.

He went on a weeks holiday the day after the Celtic colts game so he will be back for the Ross County game