The Alloa Athletic Thread

15 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

For anybody who's not making the trip to Dingwall.Paint.thumb.png.9f7bfeb979d7d012131de9c812612275.png

Thanks for posting this; I think there have been calls for help with things like this before, but I've missed them.

When would the club like us to turn up?

8 hours ago, BigMartyn86 said:

I can't remember if I've mentioned it or not but we've been we've been drawn in Group G at WorldNET alongside Doncaster, Darlington and Barnsley. Our first game is v last seasons runners up Darlington at 10:40 next Saturday. The format is slightly similar to the Oban Tournament. 40 minute games of 11 a-side and the top two teams from each group go through to compete for the main trophy on the Sunday and the bottom two go through to compete for the plate.

There is 33 teams entered in the main comp and 10 in the veterans comp. I think from mainland Britain we are traveling the furthest to compete whilst there is a team from RC Lens entering once again.

I'll be doing my best to keep our twitter up to date for anyone who is interested.

Sounds like it should be fun - let us know how you all get on!

37 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Thanks for posting this; I think there have been calls for help with things like this before, but I've missed them.

When would the club like us to turn up?

I don't have a specific time in the email. Just a day. Best thing to do is send an email in putting your name down and Robert can send you the details once it's decided. I'd imagine it'll be an all day event though. I did it a couple years ago. Was a cracking day back then... Got some horrific sunburn.

1 hour ago, KierenAAFC said:

Did we get anywhere with this? Didn't make the journey through for it unfortunately.

Same here. Got distracted after work by bloody alcohol family  :(

Shame, these things are normally fun.

Apologies to any St Mirren fans travelling through for tomorrow's game, BTW - Bigotfest 2017 is taking place in the town centre, so several roads will be closed off, and quite a few businesses (*cough* pubs) will be shut for obvious reasons. Please bear with us while we endure the ordure.

Jim emphasised the need for another defender for backup.and is aware and working on the need to tighten up at the back.
quite optomistic after this session ! has alleviated some small fears i had at least.

Couldnt agree more, also said he had no intrest in any of the trailists playing the other night, only there to make up the numbers.

Spoke well in my opinion.

No Trialists , putting out a solid first team to start..thinking of going to a back 3..
jim was looking to get someone on loan if i remember right .

Kris renton will still be missing but other than that how he will set out the team for most of it he said.

Yeah thats what he said.

Wouldnt mind seeing a scott mckenna return if available.