The Alloa Athletic Thread

15 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Not that it really matters, but the order of the fixtures is pretty disappointing besides that wee February Arbroath/Stranraer away double whammy.

Always prefer a nice wee August away trip, plus some decent away action over the holiday period. We have none of that and on the surface a tough run in.

Pretty much what I thought, a bit meh really. The away day highlight is the first game in Dingwall. Plus when your derby day match is Queens Park you almost miss the Binos. Albeit mainly for the 12 points they guarantee us.

39 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

We miss them to, not the constant defeats though.

Are you feeling alright? Normally the Binos give it the stuff about us not being important enough to be rivals.

You've got Stenny next season, at least.

Are you feeling alright? Normally the Binos give it the stuff about us not being important enough to be rivals.
You've got Stenny next season, at least.

Of course you lot are rivals, who else we got. You'll always be the wee tinks down the road though.

Aye we do have Stenny, which means trips to bloody Ochilview [emoji53]

Stennys a brilliant away day though. Warriors Club, Station Hotel etc. Always decent behind the goals as well if you get a reasonable crowd in.

The stand behind the goal is the only decent thing about Ochilview.

The stewards are complete arseholes.

3 hours ago, whereismillar said:

well he wont really be missed much .. good signing for the pollok though, (do they still get better crowds than most 2nd and 1st div teams ?)

Their average was 691 for the league  and 993 for the junior cup. More than us :lol:

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Their average was 691 for the league  and 993 for the junior cup. More than us :lol:

Impressive. But it doesn't cost £16 to watch Pollok.

McCluskey will probably be really good at that level. On the form he showed last season he was an option as an impact player from the bench, but never looked likely to be a regular starter. Good luck to him. 

16 hours ago, Waspie said:

Impressive. But it doesn't cost £16 to watch Pollok.

I know our ticket prices keep coming up, but I wonder what our attendance would be if we resorted to £6/£3, like Pollok? Obviously it wouldn't go up to the 1800 or so that would be necessary to cover the lower ticket price, but I can't imagine it'd add more than a couple of hundred to the average gate, even over the course of a whole season. Maybe more away fans would come, considering everyone knows how expensive we are now.

3 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Another Q & A with Jim Goodwin looks like going ahead Friday 7th July, night before the St Mirren friendly. 

Noice! Station again?

20 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I know our ticket prices keep coming up, but I wonder what our attendance would be if we resorted to £6/£3, like Pollok? Obviously it wouldn't go up to the 1800 or so that would be necessary to cover the lower ticket price, but I can't imagine it'd add more than a couple of hundred to the average gate, even over the course of a whole season. Maybe more away fans would come, considering everyone knows how expensive we are now.

does anyone know someone who stays away because of the entry price ? maybe some away fans do not but its hard to judge, what would be the optimum price

to balance numbers and revenue ? its a difficult balancing act !

does anyone know someone who stays away because of the entry price ? maybe some away fans do not but its hard to judge, what would be the optimum price
to balance numbers and revenue ? its a difficult balancing act !

I do. I don't stay away completely, I pick and choose my games. Paying £32 for a midweek game and a game on Saturday doesn't represent value for money for me personally. I work shifts with some weekend work so I wouldn't get any value from a season ticket (I gave mines up a few seasons back). Trying to persuade your mates who don't usually go to Alloa to take in a game is also pretty tough with a £16 price tag.

1 hour ago, Waspy said:

I do. I don't stay away completely, I pick and choose my games. Paying £32 for a midweek game and a game on Saturday doesn't represent value for money for me personally. I work shifts with some weekend work so I wouldn't get any value from a season ticket (I gave mines up a few seasons back). Trying to persuade your mates who don't usually go to Alloa to take in a game is also pretty tough with a £16 price tag.

What price would be the defining amount for you to attend more games  though ?