The Alloa Athletic Thread

I maybe one of the so called miserable burgers who follow Alloa, but now we are looking at play off It would be remiss of me not to start the debate about pricing for the games. The club should reduce prices to encourage as many fans to support them as possible, even allow season tickets stand for them.

1 hour ago, Redwedge77 said:

I maybe one of the so called miserable burgers who follow Alloa, but now we are looking at play off It would be remiss of me not to start the debate about pricing for the games. The club should reduce prices to encourage as many fans to support them as possible, even allow season tickets stand for them.

I'm not convinced reducing the price a couple of quid for the play-offs would make any significant difference to the attendance. I'd rather they had a proper look at it over the summer and came up with a more realistic long term pricing structure. Charging  £16 doesn't sit well with the idea of being a club at the heart of the community. 

I see Kirkpatrick went off early on today, did he take a knock?

Edited by Waspie

I'm not convinced reducing the price a couple of quid for the play-offs would make any significant difference to the attendance. I'd rather they had a proper look at it over the summer and came up with a more realistic long term pricing structure. Charging  £16 doesn't sit well with the idea of being a club at the heart of the community. 

I can't disagree about the pricing. But we are we're we are and the last time in the play offs Brechin and Fofar allowed season tickets to stand we didn't and the club advised season tickets were not valid in the playoffs under SFA guidance which appears only to apply to ALLOA

Way back , I cant remember exactly when but attendances rose sharply and we had 1000 + at the recs

for a league game against a similar side mostly made up of alloa fans/temp supporters why ? publicity ! somehow managed to generate a bit of excitement locally

late Eighties i think it was , but there was free admission to schools at the time , the prices now are off putting for sure but like Waspie it would not make a difference

reducing them now , support has to be reared and wont happen overnight, but the loyal regulars aught to be rewarded at some point..........

10 hours ago, whereismillar said:

Way back , I cant remember exactly when but attendances rose sharply and we had 1000 + at the recs

for a league game against a similar side mostly made up of alloa fans/temp supporters why ? publicity ! somehow managed to generate a bit of excitement locally

late Eighties i think it was , but there was free admission to schools at the time , the prices now are off putting for sure but like Waspie it would not make a difference

reducing them now , support has to be reared and wont happen overnight, but the loyal regulars aught to be rewarded at some point..........

The difference is we are now viewed as customers rather than supporters. 

Too many folks in alloa and surrounding area obsessed with other teams on television and never actually go to a game. These folks are experts given that they listen to pundits and think that they are an authority on all football matters. It's sad but true and reducing the price will make no difference. Too many apathetic towards their own local team. I am sure others in this division have the same problems. 

1 hour ago, Oweny said:

Too many folks in alloa and surrounding area obsessed with other teams on television and never actually go to a game. These folks are experts given that they listen to pundits and think that they are an authority on all football matters. It's sad but true and reducing the price will make no difference. Too many apathetic towards their own local team. I am sure others in this division have the same problems. 

Cant stand this old firm following pish! was brought up to support rangers but in my early teens decided to support the local team and glad i did, much more fun and real to me !

supporting a lower league team is a hoot sometimes, and the banter is priceless , less hate and more humour, kudos to all lower league supporters , salt of the earth (most of them :) ).

Second spot is now guaranteed the big question does the manager now rest key players like spence, flanny, Cawley and graham. To make sure there fit for playoffs and given fringe and youth players a run out. Or does he play the strongest team and hopefully keep the winning monument going into the playoffs

Second spot is now guaranteed the big question does the manager now rest key players like spence, flanny, Cawley and graham. To make sure there fit for playoffs and given fringe and youth players a run out. Or does he play the strongest team and hopefully keep the winning monument going into the playoffs

Think its very important to keep the winning momentum going, we do have a large squad though that can be swapped around a bit.

1 hour ago, whereismillar said:

Check out the support in this video , where are they all now ?? sad really :-(

To be fair, that was a fairly massive Scottish Cup tie, with a quarter final place at stake. We didn't get that support in terms of numbers every week.

What a night that was though, still remember it.