The Alloa Athletic Thread

We are hosting another legends fundraising match at Beechwood in Sauchie on Sunday the 28th of May. I'll post details of the legends squad and about the match nearer the time.

There should be some new faces on display this year as well. Ian Little, Fraser Forrest, Neil McAvoy, Darren Young, Jose, John Ovenstone and Jim Lister are some of the new faces interested in playing at this early stage.

The Legends Team will be managed by Keith McCulloch and hopefully Spider depending on his availability nearer the time with Vali being player-assistant.

Guys, I'm looking for any goal of the season types that are on someone elses highlights.

I got a call from a guy from PFA Scotland who's looking for 4-5 incredible goals for their dinner at the beginning of May for each team and he asked me for Alloa's.  So mainly the away games as I only started filming at home on the 29th October and I've been to a grand total of 2 away games although I've compiled almost all the goals in the last three months into Goal of the Month so ignore them.

If you remember a pearler on the road I can have a look for them or a link to highlights would be ideal.

Edited by LeodhasXD

17 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Guys, I'm looking for any goal of the season types that are on someone elses highlights.

I got a call from a guy from PFA Scotland who's looking for 4-5 incredible goals for their dinner at the beginning of May for each team and he asked me for Alloa's.  So mainly the away games as I only started filming at home on the 29th October and I've been to a grand total of 2 away games although I've compiled almost all the goals in the last three months into Goal of the Month so ignore them.

If you remember a pearler on the road I can have a look for them or a link to highlights would be ideal.

Kirkpatrick vs QP- 3 mins onwards

Kirkpatrick from 5 2 game vs Stranraer around 1:55 onwards (best day out of the season)

Spence vs Bala down at Wales was another absolute beauty but cant find the highlights.

From home games, 2 goals from Kirkpatrick and Cawley vs Peterhead on opening day right up there as best of the season (perhaps even top 2) but dont think any footage exists of them.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

2 minutes ago, el Gringo said:

I don't recall any of your goals against Airdrie being particularly notable, but if you need any footage from our games give me a shout and I'll get it over to you.

Scott Taggarts vs Airdrie in our 2-1 defeat at your place was a cracker of a volley I seem to remember if youve got it.

Player of the Year Night for season 2016/17 takes place on Saturday April 29th, Weir Pumps Social Club, Church St, Alloa.

7pm start, tickets are £5/£2.50 which includes disco buffet and all the player awards etc.Tickets are onsale in club shop and Black and Gold Lounge tomorrow.

See Mackin is starting for Motherwell under 20s tonight has his loan expired?

I know he is allowed to play for both teams but just seems a quick turnaround from not even being stripped on Saturday to starting tonight? I've been trying to keep an eye when I could and anytime he was playing for them lately it was from the bench.

See Mackin is starting for Motherwell under 20s tonight has his loan expired?

I know he is allowed to play for both teams but just seems a quick turnaround from not even being stripped on Saturday to starting tonight? I've been trying to keep an eye when I could and anytime he was playing for them lately it was from the bench.

Hmm. Was till the end of the season so hopefully nothing much to this. Would be a big loss for the play offs I think, regardless of what some posters say.

Hmm. Was till the end of the season so hopefully nothing much to this. Would be a big loss for the play offs I think, regardless of what some posters say.

It's the Youth cup semi final maybe they've just prioritised that..

Our badge has been reworked for our new home strip next season. Thanks to Mr GlobalWaspsNews on twitter for doing the design work once again.

We are on the road again in the morning as we travel to face Livi GS in Linlithgow, 10am kick off at xcite sports centre. 493df2da9b0f177d94b44c5553cbb30e.jpg