The Alloa Athletic Thread

Hopefully Frank reads this then

Class player who cares about their league position, would you turn down Willie Gibson or Agnew cause Stranraer were having a shite season or McAllister from Peterhead

Those guys are stand outs in that team. I've never seen McKeowen play so I can't make a judgement but if he's struggling to get into a team struggling and shipping goals, what does it say?

I don't know if that statement on their website is a fair reflection on how much he's played this season but will give him full support if he signed. What you're saying is more promising than Stranraer's statement.

Those guys are stand outs in that team. I've never seen McKeowen play so I can't make a judgement but if he's struggling to get into a team struggling and shipping goals, what does it say?

I don't know if that statement on their website is a fair reflection on how much he's played this season but will give him full support if he signed. What you're saying is more promising than Stranraer's statement.

You've never seen him play? Sums it up. Guys a class act even if he's out of favour or not.

You've never seen him play? Sums it up. Guys a class act even if he's out of favour or not.

Feel I'm being shot down here for a pretty valid point haha. I'm not saying, I don't want to sign him far from it. I'm just commenting on what it said about him not playing games in a disappointing Stranraer team. Maybe should have looked into him further & seen he was captain in first spell but only based it on that statement. Apologies.

If he comes in & does the job as back up or in the new 5 at the back system then great. #InJimWeTrust

Wonder if it could be Ben Gordon again? 
Think he is currently injured though.
I think most of our players are up for grabs if anyone wants them though. I'll personally drive Clarkson and Langfield to any team in the land.

I wish! He fallen out of favour as well? Thought he did ok when he was recalled before his injury?

I wish! He fallen out of favour as well? Thought he did ok when he was recalled before his injury?

Think he played about 2 games and got injured again.

Who knows if he has fallen out of favour, chances are Jack will rate him having taken him on loan from us but we are operating a 1 in 1 out signing system.

Problem is do we take the risk trying to find better options than him?

All speculation of course, I'm just curious because Alloa are the only team he can sign for.

5 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Frank McKeown was very close to a done deal for Alloa in summer, particularly when it looked like Jason Marr would go to Ayr. Believe he's good mates with Holmes and Cawley.

Not sure why he hasn't played much this season but a really good defender prior to his injury at Morton.

We've no cover at centre back and Goody also likes his back 3 formation. Would be an excellent signing.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

Mensing would be a better signing than McKeown IMO as he can play a number of positions from memory. I've also heard from someone who played at Livi with him that he's a really good lad off the pitch. Apparently did a great impression of John McGlynn.

2 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Frank McKeown was very close to a done deal for Alloa in summer, particularly when it looked like Jason Marr would go to Ayr. Believe he's good mates with Holmes and Cawley.

Not sure why he hasn't played much this season but a really good defender prior to his injury at Morton.

We've no cover at centre back and Goody also likes his back 3 formation. Would be an excellent signing.

Agreed. I wouldn't have had another CB as a priority previously with Andy and Jason doing well and Goodwin and Hoggan providing good cover. I'd like to see Hoggan get more games. Given we have been using a back three at times of late then bringing in another CB would make sense. McKeown might have had a poor season thus far but he was a very good defender before his move to Morton. Get him near that form again and this could be a Dick Turpin like piece of business for whoever gets him.

A signing this evening.

(Can't see pencils pic so if this relates to it, apologies)

David Glencross will probably be the guy who announces on twitter, he was taking the photos when I was up earlier.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

Agreed. I wouldn't have had another CB as a priority previously with Andy and Jason doing well and Goodwin and Hoggan providing good cover. I'd like to see Hoggan get more games. Given we have been using a back three at times of late then bringing in another CB would make sense. McKeown might have had a poor season thus far but he was a very good defender before his move to Morton. Get him near that form again and this could be a Dick Turpin like piece of business for whoever gets him.

Totally agree with all of the above but we do have a very thin squad, and 2 wages saved from the beginning of the season, i'm sure he will be working towards other options aswell.