The Alloa Athletic Thread

4 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Dumbarton

There's a guy posted on our thread saying Dumbarton haven't spoken with him and I don't think he's been wrong about anything before so I'd be surprised to see him sign for us, especially after us signing Nade and Vaughan last week.

3 hours ago, Waspie said:

The only time in his career that Andy Little has scored goals (and to be fair he scored a lot) was for a team with the second highest budget in Scotland playing against part-time sides in the Third Division. Jim Piggot/Adam Coakley etc etc would probably have been a prolific scorers in such circumstances. Hasn't played much football of late it seems. Hard to know exactly what level Little is at. 

Agree with this too. There seems to be a bit of a clamour from some Dumbarton and Ayr fans to get him signed up but he's not kicked a ball in a year and if his Wiki is correct he's scored 2 goals since leaving Rangers 2 and a half years ago. Couple that with his injury problems and you have a player which represents a rather large risk for a Championship side fighting for their life. 

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Come to think  of it I don't remember Isaac playing in that game. I have a sneaking suspicion he was at Stirling at that point.

That has to be one of the least accurate statements on a player I've ever seen :lol:

Correct- played no part and out on loan at time of the game.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

There's a guy posted on our thread saying Dumbarton haven't spoken with him and I don't think he's been wrong about anything before so I'd be surprised to see him sign for us, especially after us signing Nade and Vaughan last week.

Agree with this too. There seems to be a bit of a clamour from some Dumbarton and Ayr fans to get him signed up but he's not kicked a ball in a year and if his Wiki is correct he's scored 2 goals since leaving Rangers 2 and a half years ago. Couple that with his injury problems and you have a player which represents a rather large risk for a Championship side fighting for their life. 

Fair play, just saw a lot of rumour kicking about. Despite the obvious risks mentioned, would assume that he would be looking to play at a reasonable level, so would be surprised if he dropped below Championship.

Fair play, just saw a lot of rumour kicking about. Despite the obvious risks mentioned, would assume that he would be looking to play at a reasonable level, so would be surprised if he dropped below Championship.

I reckon he will be looking for a game at any level.

Well done to all again and very fair assessment of Saturday's game from Goody...

Just to let everyone know we have a Q and A with Jim next week at Station Bar Alloa for supporters to get a bit of feedback from him.

Friday 20th, Station Bar Lounge (through the back) 7pm.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

The Dutch boy from Dundee

Yordi Teijsse. Desperately needs game time. Looked a handful against Arbroath but way out of his depth in his top flight showings. Decent record at amateur level back in Holland. Hartley said when he signed him that'd take around about a year until he's ready and he's one of the rawest players I've seen in professional football.

Woeful, absolutely woeful positional sense for a striker. Looks like he has no idea what he's doing but he is a handful and fairly powerful. Admittedly he does like a cringeworthy dive every now and then.

Yordi Teijsse. Desperately needs game time. Looked a handful against Arbroath but way out of his depth in his top flight showings. Decent record at amateur level back in Holland. Hartley said when he signed him that'd take around about a year until he's ready and he's one of the rawest players I've seen in professional football.

Woeful, absolutely woeful positional sense for a striker. Looks like he has no idea what he's doing but he is a handful and fairly powerful. Admittedly he does like a cringeworthy dive every now and then.

What's behind him coming to Alloa? Just a name thrown into the hat or something more behind it?