The Alloa Athletic Thread

Hello,
Sorry for jumping into your thread, but I did see the pitch narrowing story and thought it was interesting as the Lichties maybe the first club to experience it in the Betfred Cup.
When you did it before were you playing without wingers?  Did you see a vast change in how you set up your team from before and after?
It's an interesting test / theory and will keep an eye on how it works out for you.  
Although isn't the pitch at Glebe Park one of the narrowest in Scotland? That didn't help Brechin.
We had Colin Hamilton at left back who was constantly exposed. Fair play to him as he has found his level with Arbroath. He looked consistent anytime I seen him play last year.

Sent from my G3311 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

3 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Alright lads, here's a podcast with your big goalie Neil Parry - CLICK

This is the second of two episodes and focuses on his time at Airdrie and with yourselves. Some good stuff in here, I think, that may interest you.

All the best.

Really enjoyed both parts, top work.

1 hour ago, whereismillar said:

I could be wrong but we are a bit light on defenders are we not , hoping for some signing news soon ?

2 weeks to go before our first friendly  game  to be fair. Mind we had some weird players trialling the Stirling game last year - You could set up  3-5-2 as it is. Assuming the gaffer is up for playing bit part again this year.

Parry

Taggart Graham Goodwin

Cawley Hetherington Robertson Flannigan Brown

Trouten Spence

Doubt that's a team with the right balance. Hastie's not technically signed yet I assume he's an upgrade on Brown but we'll see how the squad stacks up soon enough.

35 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

2 weeks to go before our first friendly  game  to be fair. Mind we had some weird players trialling the Stirling game last year - You could set up  3-5-2 as it is. Assuming the gaffer is up for playing bit part again this year.

Parry

Taggart Graham Goodwin

Cawley Hetherington Robertson Flannigan Brown

Trouten Spence

Doubt that's a team with the right balance. Hastie's not technically signed yet I assume he's an upgrade on Brown but we'll see how the squad stacks up soon enough.

your lineup has me thinking , robertson played in defence a lot last season , you missed Galt who can play midfield ?

and goody in the team in the championship no  way !

Edited by whereismillar

26 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

your lineup has me thinking , robertson played in defence a lot last season , you missed Galt who can play midfield ?

and goody in the team in the championship no  way !

Aye forgot  Galt. Definitely on Jim's wishlist is a CB and a LB

Dunfermline seem to have reneged on their friendly. 
St Mirren have cancelled as they want to stay in La manga instead of coming here.
As it stands 30th Clyde and 10th Falkirk are our only two friendlies.

Any excuse to put another one over Stirling Albion then, eh?!

1 hour ago, falkirkwasp said:

Last year was embarrassing for them, we were only at half strength aswell

frank mckeown was the only recognised regular, and ICT have signed jamie , oh well never mind... was to be expected he would be signing full time to be real about it  , 

Mccarts a classy CB, no surprise he’s went FT. We need more squad strength and a decent left back. Shouldn’t have let meggat leave, with a narrower pitch he wouldn’t be exposed with his lack of pace, Jim must have something up his sleeve either a new signing or Hetherington now to play left back.

Edited by Sheepy

17 minutes ago, Sheepy said:

Mccarts a classy CB, no surprise he’s went FT. We need more squad strength and a decent left back. Shouldn’t have let meggat leave, with a narrower pitch he wouldn’t be exposed with his lack of pace, Jim must have something up his sleeve either a new signing or Hetherington now to play left back.

If that is the case then we start the next season with a makeshift weaker team than this season , although the new signings are still to be judged 

we will see these positions filled surely  ?

Alright lads, here's a podcast with your big goalie Neil Parry - CLICK
This is the second of two episodes and focuses on his time at Airdrie and with yourselves. Some good stuff in here, I think, that may interest you.
All the best.
Finally finished this tonight - fantastic listen. Great big guy and glad he's here for next season!