The Alloa Athletic Thread

5 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Jordan had one or two chances to impress at the beginning of the season before going out on loan to you guys. He failed to impress on every outing, just didn’t happen for him under Jack. I would be shocked if Alan Stubbs keeps him.

On a selfish note from an alloa fans point of view would love him back again, but i hope jordan gets the success he is looking for.

Stewart never ruled out coming back either ..

9 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

On a selfish note from an alloa fans point of view would love him back again, but i hope jordan gets the success he is looking for.

Stewart never ruled out coming back either ..

Agreed, but Jordan played the best football of his career under Jack Ross. If Jack couldn't find a place for him in his team in the Championship then it seems hugely unlikely that Alan Stubbs will use him in the Premier League. It would be tremendous to see Jordan back at the Recs, a player I love watching, but suppose it all depends on how St Mirren handle it and who else would be interested. I don't think we could make a better signing this summer though, Alloa are a different side with Jordan Kirkpatrick in the team and if we could bring Kirky, Flanny and Kev together once more then I'd be much happier about our prospects. 

10 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Agreed, but Jordan played the best football of his career under Jack Ross. If Jack couldn't find a place for him in his team in the Championship then it seems hugely unlikely that Alan Stubbs will use him in the Premier League. It would be tremendous to see Jordan back at the Recs, a player I love watching, but suppose it all depends on how St Mirren handle it and who else would be interested. I don't think we could make a better signing this summer though, Alloa are a different side with Jordan Kirkpatrick in the team and if we could bring Kirky, Flanny and Kev together once more then I'd be much happier about our prospects. 

lets get stewart as well and be greedy..

any results to post  ?

Lost 8-2. Trailing 2-0 at half time with our keeper sent off. St Johnstone come out after time and get two goals in the opening two minutes of the second half. St Johnstone showed why they are league champions and put us to the sword to complete a league and cup double. Seemed that any chance they got they scored and we missed any chance we got. We hit the bar in the opening minute and probably the better side going into half time.

Regardless of the result I'm proud of the lads and how far we've come in such a short period of time. Also had a great laugh at our player of the year night last night in The Station.

Best thing about football is that there is always next year...

Mon The Wasps!

Sent from my G3311 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

1 hour ago, BigMartyn86 said:

Lost 8-2. Trailing 2-0 at half time with our keeper sent off. St Johnstone come out after time and get two goals in the opening two minutes of the second half. St Johnstone showed why they are league champions and put us to the sword to complete a league and cup double. Seemed that any chance they got they scored and we missed any chance we got. We hit the bar in the opening minute and probably the better side going into half time.

Regardless of the result I'm proud of the lads and how far we've come in such a short period of time. Also had a great laugh at our player of the year night last night in The Station.

Best thing about football is that there is always next year...

Mon The Wasps!

Sent from my G3311 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

never mind proud of you guys getting there !

Paul Quinn would be a very solid signing. How is he done the past few years, enough to drop PT? Haven’t seen anything about that rumour other than here.

Played for aberdeen ross county & dundee united in that time, speaks for itself really i would say, would be delighted if true.

21 minutes ago, fruitbowl said:

Any dates for pre-season friendlies?

Dunfermline first. I assume its closed door since they didn't announce it in their preseason list. Clyde is up 30th away in Cumbernauld.  After that theres St Mirren possibly if Alan Stubbs wants it and Falkirk. Cant remember the dates off the top of my head ones on Tuesday the others a Thursday.

The advertiser have their new guy on the ball now obviously...

http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/sport/16283524.Alloa_bring_in_Motherwell_winger_on_loan/?ref=twtrec