The Alloa Athletic Thread

Reminds me a bit of when we signed Kevin McDonald from Airdrie. IIRC, he was a shitebag in the eyes of the Airdrie fans as well. But turned out to be a shitebag who contributed double figures from midfield before the turn of the year, including a marvellous hat-trick in a Scottish Cup triumph against Raith. Not so good after that, right enough. Anyway, welcome aboard Adam, and f*ck off back to the diddy forum please  Airdrie fans.

20 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Reminds me a bit of when we signed Kevin McDonald from Airdrie. IIRC, he was a shitebag in the eyes of the Airdrie fans as well. But turned out to be a shitebag who contributed double figures from midfield before the turn of the year, including a marvellous hat-trick in a Scottish Cup triumph against Raith. Not so good after that, right enough. Anyway, welcome aboard Adam, and f*ck off back to the diddy forum please  Airdrie fans.

Another coprophilic obsessed with "shite" . 

Edited by Roger Thornhill

1 hour ago, whereismillar said:

We wont hear the end of this "last word larry" time to move on ..

i wonder if we ever get rid of the Gazebo and put in a proper stand , i know money is tight and all but will we ever see it replaced ?

Pretty sure the club said when they bought it that it should last for 30 years if looked after properly. Been there for about 10 years now? There was also talk at one point of a new enclosure down that side and putting the Gazebo at the Railway End. That's a while ago now. 

I, like most reasonable football supporters, am willing to give any new signing the benefit of the doubt no matter what negative feedback from their previous clubs’ supporters’. We’ve signed David Hutton who everyone claims to be an appalling goalkeeper but I’ll wait to see with my own two eyes before making judgement.

However, Adam Brown is the only footballer I can remember playing for Airdrie that physically made my blood boil with frustration any time he was on the park. I have no doubt you will agree after a couple of appearances.

I’m sure he has simply been brought in as a squad player however so I doubt it will have much affect on your season either way.

All the best to Alloa for the new season.

5 hours ago, whereismillar said:

We wont hear the end of this "last word larry" time to move on ..

i wonder if we ever get rid of the Gazebo and put in a proper stand , i know money is tight and all but will we ever see it replaced ?

"We wont hear the end of this "last word larry" time to move on .."

You sound like my missus when she's not getting her way in an argument - she just changes the subject...

Anyway, I'll leave you guys in peace to talk about your stand  (unless Printer wants to reply to my post - then "Larry" might appear again!)

Sauchie officially confirmed tonight as joining the East of Scotland League. For the first time in a long while - 1931 I think -  Clackmannanshire has two senior clubs. Good luck to Sauchie.

12 minutes ago, BigMartyn86 said:

Just a reminder that the supporters team wrap up their season tomorrow in the Scottish Cup final v St Johnstone. 10am kick off at New Central Park, Kelty if anyone is after a summer football fix.

Sent from my G3311 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

drat i cant make it ..prior arrangements..all the best lads ....

20 hours ago, BigMartyn86 said:

Just a reminder that the supporters team wrap up their season tomorrow in the Scottish Cup final v St Johnstone. 10am kick off at New Central Park, Kelty if anyone is after a summer football fix.

Sent from my G3311 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Good luck today. On holiday in Spain so can't make it. Big ask but positivity brings positive results

I won’t be surprised to see Jordan Kirkpatrick coming back to Alloa either on loan or a permanent deal. He does have a year to run on his contract, but I can’t see him featuring at all for us.  

Cant really see either him or stewart featuring but change of manager maybe wont help our cause.

10 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

Cant really see either him or stewart featuring but change of manager maybe wont help our cause.

Jordan had one or two chances to impress at the beginning of the season before going out on loan to you guys. He failed to impress on every outing, just didn’t happen for him under Jack. I would be shocked if Alan Stubbs keeps him.

Jordan had one or two chances to impress at the beginning of the season before going out on loan to you guys. He failed to impress on every outing, just didn’t happen for him under Jack. I would be shocked if Alan Stubbs keeps him.

When do you return for pre season? I’m sure we will know more then.