The Alloa Athletic Thread

Just now, whereismillar said:

Hmmm the dreaded GIRFUY Shh , which might mean you will get him possibly (seems to be the trend with signings )

oh and this is my landmark 1000 th post ...yeppee!

Paddy Boyle tweeted a negative tweet about Ayr fans after an Ayr v Airdrie game then signed for us that Summer. Yer boy Cal is doing the same. 

Congrats, Honoured to be a part up your landmark moment. 

If this is actually true, as opposed to a convenient fact to back up your own narrative then I would suggest that this person may be an Airdrie fan, but doesn't attend many games. If he actually exists, supports Airdrie, attends games regularly and STILL rates Adam Brown, then in football related matters (and I suspect life in general) he is a clueless fuckwit of the highest order.

Oh dear.

Hopefully adam brown will be better in a better team.

Who knows, but even if he is there won't be a rush from Alloa posters to the next team he signs for's thread to scream about him being a shitebag and coward.

We aren't that odd.

4 hours ago, falkirkwasp said:

Recall it being the exact same when neil parry signed.

Hopefully adam brown will be better in a better team.

Well in theory maybe but he'll also be playing at a higher level against much better teams on a week to week basis. Maybe some Airdrie fans' reactions have been OTT (although I don't think so) but at the end of the day, if you can't cut it for the team that finishes 7th place in the third tier playing against bog-standard part-time teams, that hardly bodes well for a season in the second tier against largely good full-time teams. 

No harm to the boy. I wish him well and hope he can make a success of his time at Alloa. But I just can't see him being of the required standard to make an impact.

Let's see how the season pans out shall we ? I'll look out for you and Printers comments about Adam Brown with interest.  

You're missing the point, mate.

My comments haven't been about whether I think Adam is a good or bad signing - for what I've heard (mainly from the Airdrie fan I mentioned, who rates Adam as a person and footballer) I don't think he'll cut it in the Championship.

They have been about the Airdrie fans desperation to label a young player as a 'shitebag' and 'cowardly'. As I said, it says more about you than him.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

34 minutes ago, printer said:

My comments haven't been about whether I think Adam is a good or bad signing - for what I've heard (mainly from the Airdrie fan I mentioned, who rates Adam as a person and footballer) I don't think he'll cut it in the Championship.

They have been about the Airdrie fans desperation to label a young player as a 'shitebag' and 'cowardly'. As I said, it says more about you than him.

Former player Adam Brown- eye bulging hatred. EDL Founders- welcomed with open arms ;)

50 minutes ago, printer said:

Your keep on repeating and repeating and repeating  and repeating and repeating "shitebag" and "cowardly". Although as you know these words came from a couple of posts . But you still  keep repeating and repeating.   Most posts from Airdrie fans tried to explain the raitionale regarding their feelings towards Brown  (if you cared to read them).  

"They have been about the Airdrie fans desperation to label a young player as a 'shitebag' and 'cowardly'. As I said, it says more about you than him."   Can you explain? Why does this say more about me?  Would you like to read my posts and tell me?    I think the fact that you have tried to associate me with these quotes speaks volumes about you. Blinkered and lazy posting at it's best.   

10 hours ago, Roger Thornhill said:

Let's see how the season pans out shall we ? I'll look out for you and Printers comments about Adam Brown with interest.  

He may turn out to be the dud you say he is , But.... we  (printer ect )did not sign him did we ? As fans we give him a chance and till then your comments are to be observed only as comments 

Neil parry ! remember ?