The Alloa Athletic Thread

I would imagine we’ll be after him just now even with jim.

Thought bridges had been burned there???

Thought bridges had been burned there???

Wouldn’t go as far as that, definitely something quite right but Jim always spoke highly of Spency. I don’t think he’ll end up at the recs but that’s based on nothing - I have no idea!

Wouldn’t go as far as that, definitely something quite right but Jim always spoke highly of Spency. I don’t think he’ll end up at the recs but that’s based on nothing - I have no idea!

Didn't mean with the club but on a personal level with the manager!!!

Didn't mean with the club but on a personal level with the manager!!!

Yeah, I get you. Like mentioned above I think it was mainly rumours. There was a few questionable team selections that involved Spence and fans hurling abuse at Goody for taking him off at East Fife I believe. However, you read Goody’s interviews when he’s asked about Spency he’s only got good things to say.

Yeah, I get you. Like mentioned above I think it was mainly rumours. There was a few questionable team selections that involved Spence and fans hurling abuse at Goody for taking him off at East Fife I believe. However, you read Goody’s interviews when he’s asked about Spency he’s only got good things to say.

It wasn't just the fans at that game at the Nue Bayview, Spence himself displayed the best petted lip I have ever seen in professional football, I honestly thought some serious handbags were going to erupt as he passed the manager after walking off!!![emoji23][emoji23]

Eta

Doesn't mean I don't want him to sign for us though!!![emoji6]

45 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

If Goodwin was to go would they be back in the mix for Spence???

Clearly dependant on his potential replacement...

Looks like St Mirren are casting a fairly wide net for the right candidate. No problem at all with the club allowing the manager to speak to St Mirren (if thats indeed the case)

He'd probably be welcomed by the support, but I think they may opt for one of the other potential candidates listed.

The reaction of some of the alloa support that day was really poor at Bayview when Spence got taken off. He wasn't in the game at that point and alloa weren't creating chances from memory.  A dour encounter from what I can recall. 

I suspected at the time that a few were 'chummy' with Greg's father who was also perturbed about him getting taken off.  Jim wasn't getting much support at that juncture from some quarters and was unpopular despite getting very decent results . From memory Dylan Mackin was getting a hard time that day also. Cringeworthly.

I really don't think that there was a problem between Greig and Jim goodwin. Greig scored goals and indeed that's all he ever done and we loved him for it. Anonymous outside of the box but popped up with crucial goals . A great penalty box striker just as Jim is a great alloa manager .

29 minutes ago, Oweny said:

The reaction of some of the alloa support that day was really poor at Bayview when Spence got taken off. He wasn't in the game at that point and alloa weren't creating chances from memory.  A dour encounter from what I can recall. 

I suspected at the time that a few were 'chummy' with Greg's father who was also perturbed about him getting taken off.  Jim wasn't getting much support at that juncture from some quarters and was unpopular despite getting very decent results . From memory Dylan Mackin was getting a hard time that day also. Cringeworthly.

I really don't think that there was a problem between Greig and Jim goodwin. Greig scored goals and indeed that's all he ever done and we loved him for it. Anonymous outside of the box but popped up with crucial goals . A great penalty box striker just as Jim is a great alloa manager .

It was probably a grand total of 3  folk who had a pop- certainly nothing close to "the incident which broke the relationship between manager and player"

I doubt very much the situation is anywhere near as bad between Spence and Jim Goodwin as some folk appear to be making out. Besides, the transfer is surely pretty much set in stone anyway on the basis of "a Raith fan saying so"