The Alloa Athletic Thread

The Airdrie fans were keen to tell us about how shite he was when he arrived here.
That would be a depressing loss, especially if we don't go up.

Looking back, it was a case of not knowing what you had until it was gone.

Folk were desperate to get rid of Lithgow a couple of seasons ago, and now he’s on the verge of Premiership football.

The keeper(s) we’ve had since haven’t been a patch on Parry. Parry’s kick wasn’t great from memory but you’re not going to get a complete goalie at this level.

33 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Folk were desperate to get rid of Lithgow a couple of seasons ago, and now he’s on the verge of Premiership...

That has nothing to do with football.   That man is a convicted sex offender who offended in Airdrie. 

Sorry for having standards.

8 hours ago, Airdrie1977 said:

That has nothing to do with football.   That man is a convicted sex offender who offended in Airdrie. 

Sorry for having standards.

I have standards but the minute I clicked through the turnstyle I was putting Ayr above my standards, if you're willing to pay his wages your standards are taking a back seat.

13 hours ago, Waspie said:

Jack Ross was good to us in January as Kirkpatrick and Stewart transformed our team. That trio of Flannigan, Kirky and Cawley behind a decent striker is a magnificent legacy of the Ross era. When they are on form together it's as good as it gets in part-time football. Last I heard Kirky was very unlikely to play tomorrow. Would be a great boost if he was.

Manager has a lot of work to do in the summer regardless of what happens tomorrow. It's encouraging that he has already made what looks like a solid signing in Trouten. 

Anyway, we can worry about this shit on Monday, at the moment tomorrow is all that matters. 'Mon the Wasps. 

Insider info kirky will play

1 hour ago, printer said:

It's OK. I'm sure Jim G had already told Aitken his starting eleven and tactics. emoji6.png

Watch Kirky not even play now. :lol: all I know is this has been his training regime since Wednesday

After you guys doing us a huge favour been delighted for you in the playoffs, so huge congrats on that and enjoy your night. 

Spoiler

All this well wishing doesn't sit right with me so I look forward to disliking you along with with the rest from GTF day onwards  :lol:

34 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

After you guys doing us a huge favour been delighted for you in the playoffs, so huge congrats on that and enjoy your night. 

Hide contents

All this well wishing doesn't sit right with me so I look forward to disliking you along with with the rest from GTF day onwards  :lol:

Looking forward to four more powder keg clashes with Ayr next season.

Fantastic effort again today. Had to play it on Dumbarton's terms again and suffered another blow with Robbo going off, but they kept going and eventually found a way. Delighted for Kirky who was clearly struggling but came up with a bit of class in extra time. But every single player was a hero, great work rate and commitment. Hope we can keep as many of them as possible.

Massive credit to the man who masterminded it. I've questioned Jim at times and stick by that as no manager should be above reasonable scrutiny. However, the players have always played for him and over the past month or so he got all the decisions bang on. Absolutely nailed it and that's his promotion, deserves every bit of praise.