The Alloa Athletic Thread

Why on earth has the decision not been taken already to call it off? I'll bet there are players from both teams that can't even get out their front doors never mind the dangers of traveling! Very poor imo

40 minutes ago, LiamA said:

Why on earth has the decision not been taken already to call it off? I'll bet there are players from both teams that can't even get out their front doors never mind the dangers of traveling! Very poor imo

The decision is being made later today , panic over ..get a grip man !

Game off. Not sure why anybody was getting overly concerned about the decision being left to Friday afternoon.

Thinking of players & fans safety but mainly Cause I'm in holiday & it means I'll get to the rearranged game, just thinking ahead that's why really! [emoji28]

I noticed the lad we loaned from dunfermline was nowhere to be seen on tuesday, was he still suspended ? or is he back at the pars ..

Yes, he was suspended for two games, which were Stranraer on the 24/2, and Tuesday's game. Assume he'll be on the bench for Saturday's game, as not sure who would be dropped for him. Crossan maybe, but I don't think Goody will drop PJ.

7 minutes ago, English Wasp said:

Yes, he was suspended for two games, which were Stranraer on the 24/2, and Tuesday's game. Assume he'll be on the bench for Saturday's game, as not sure who would be dropped for him. Crossan maybe, but I don't think Goody will drop PJ.

ok i thought it was only one , is it two for a straight red ? pj is not the boy he was earlier season needs benched a while, IMO flannigan must start he was good on tuesday when he came on .

ok i thought it was only one , is it two for a straight red ? pj is not the boy he was earlier season needs benched a while, IMO flannigan must start he was good on tuesday when he came on .

Two games for a straight red.
Yes, I agree about Flannigan. If he started instead of Crossan, PJ could come on and do some damage against tired defenders.

I've not actually seen Smith play yet, as the only home game he's featured in was the Forfar game which I missed.

I would imagine the same starting 11 from the Arbroath game will be the starting 11 on Saturday. Although I do agree Flanny was immense coming of the bench on Tuesday night. Final goal was a think of beauty.

You’d think PJ would be good off the bench because of the way he plays but I think the complete opposite. We get the most out of t when he’s on right from the start & can weigh up the man marking him. Every time I’ve seen him that he’s come on as a sub, he’s struggled to get into the game.

However, agree with Flannigan coming in. If fit, he should always be a cert. Think having the ‘old guard’ of Cawley, Flannigan & Kirky is our most proven & if they can hit the ground running again would be the best in behind Stewart. No doubting PJ’s quality & he’ll make it a real headache for Goody, Smith on the other hand still needs to show more when he’s given another chance.