The Alloa Athletic Thread

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 20:28, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I seem to remember the Ibrox Department of Philosophy deciding that MM's big team was Celtic back when we were in the same division.

That's literally all it takes for some to enter full-on open letters, petitions, and boycotts mode.

Adding "Just Can't Get Enough" to the tannoy playlist.

Also releasing a statement selling the naming rights of our ground for £100,000 to Indodrill on the same day they sold Ibrox off for £1.

I'd be amazed it took them so long to figure it out......if it wasn't them!

2 hours ago, Sevennil said:

Adding "Just Can't Get Enough" to the tannoy playlist.

Also releasing a statement selling the naming rights of our ground for £100,000 to Indodrill on the same day they sold Ibrox off for £1.

I'd be amazed it took them so long to figure it out......if it wasn't them!

The best one I've heard is a local one..."look at the colour of the seats in the stand" That will be the main stand built in the early 90s, long before he had any remote association with the club...

https://www.instagram.com/alloaathleticfootballclub/

More social media to follow. 

Facebook page with 3000+ likes was claimed.

Waiting on Facebook to verify it and give it to me then I'll combine with this one https://www.facebook.com/AlloaAthleticFC/

Monday from 7:30pm  going to stream the Berwick U20's game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1n_qIzYc84

I'm chasing subscribers on YouTube since I now need 1000 subs to be a partner. The 4000 hours watch time is easy. Just need the subscribers. So if you could all subscribe if you haven't already then thanks.

On 2/21/2018 at 19:07, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

The best one I've heard is a local one..."look at the colour of the seats in the stand" That will be the main stand built in the early 90s, long before he had any remote association with the club...

I liked the whole Mini Celtic thing that started with the unfortunate crop of a picture outside Huntley's ground.

The one's I can remember:

Alloa and Celtic both play in hoops

Both have a manager called Lennon

MM supports Celtic

We had players on loan from Celtic

1 hour ago, Not a Bee said:

Chances for football on Saturday - slim or none?

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say none.  My car is stuck in my street. I can walk to the ground but others are going to be stuck and not be able to get in.  

Even if everyone can get in on Saturday we'd need a big plough since the tractor doesn't do large amounts of snow very well. When it has snowed before we've gotten out Jock out straight away to take it off so it never built up in massive amounts.

On 24/02/2018 at 17:58, Wilky1878 said:

I liked the whole Mini Celtic thing that started with the unfortunate crop of a picture outside Huntly's ground.

Oh my god, forgot about that one- utterly incredible. I got quite a lot of messages on twitter from some real pond life.

2 hours ago, fruitbowl said:

Most unfortunate....someone should have been held responsible

It was my fault really- taking a photo of supporters outside Christie Park, Huntly on a pre season trip...it was quite clearly a pre meditated plot to have a sly dig at Rangers the following month when the photo was published in the relevant match programme.

Anyway...