The Alloa Athletic Thread

Things haven't been going that well this season results wise with the team. We've seem to become masters at chucking a game away in the dying moments of the match as 5 out of the 7 we've lost have all been right at the death. We are struggling to get a settled team and especially a settled defence. That can't really be helped due to some lads being on shifts, etc.

I'm still confident that things will pick up. We've got Stirling Albion in the Quarter Final of the Scottish Cup on the 11th of November and the new away strips are on order.

We are also running a last man standing competition as a fundraiser, which starts next week. If anyone wants a shot then get in touch. 70c9986e4aadaf6fd90393c8b29fddec.jpg

35 minutes ago, BigMartyn86 said:

Things haven't been going that well this season results wise with the team. We've seem to become masters at chucking a game away in the dying moments of the match as 5 out of the 7 we've lost have all been right at the death. We are struggling to get a settled team and especially a settled defence. That can't really be helped due to some lads being on shifts, etc.

I'm still confident that things will pick up. We've got Stirling Albion in the Quarter Final of the Scottish Cup on the 11th of November and the new away strips are on order.

We are also running a last man standing competition as a fundraiser, which starts next week. If anyone wants a shot then get in touch. 70c9986e4aadaf6fd90393c8b29fddec.jpg

You needing new signings? :lol:

So what is your thoughts  ? have we turned the corner or is there more pain to come ?
missed the last two games so have no idea really .

We've scored eight goals and only conceded one whilst missing some key players, especially in defence. I think PJ and Malcolm are the way to go up front with Renton coming off the bench if we want to make the play offs. Fleming showed up OK on Saturday but he looks unfit for a midfield role and will be found wanting against a better midfield. He's no Ryan McCord.

Saturday is a another great chance against another poor team to get three points and push up the table.

Any more news on the injuries?

I'm sure Franks injured. Taggart has been excellent both games at centre half and Robbo has slotted in really well with two good displays. 

Fleming doing well too, solid enough. He doesn't have to charge about and sits in protecting the back 4 well. He looked more comfortable as the game wore on at Hampden. Probably one of our best players on the day.

Crossan in terrific form right now. The loan extension juggernaut begins in this week's match programme.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

Wasn't at the game on Saturday but I'd be a bit wary of saying we have turned a corner. East Fife gifted us the points at the Recs last week after being the better side in the first half and QP looked very poor in the highlights from the weekend. However, can't argue with 4-1 and 4-0 and hopefully these results will be a real confidence booster for the players.  I'd rather he put Meggatt back into CB and Robbo to midfield , and I'd be unconvinced about Fleming as a long term option in the DM role too. Jack Ross has many assets as a manager but I think keeping it simple is one of the biggest things he has going for him. Play your best players in the positions that suit them best. 

Keeping Crossan already looks to be very important and I'd agree that PJ and Malcolm is the way to go, with Renton as the physical option when required. 

29 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Wasn't at the game on Saturday but I'd be a bit wary of saying we have turned a corner. East Fife gifted us the points at the Recs last week after being the better side in the first half and QP looked very poor in the highlights from the weekend. However, can't argue with 4-1 and 4-0 and hopefully these results will be a real confidence booster for the players.  I'd rather he put Meggatt back into CB and Robbo to midfield , and I'd be unconvinced about Fleming as a long term option in the DM role too. Jack Ross has many assets as a manager but I think keeping it simple is one of the biggest things he has going for him. Play your best players in the positions that suit them best. 

Keeping Crossan already looks to be very important and I'd agree that PJ and Malcolm is the way to go, with Renton as the physical option when required. 

Agree with this. What I will say about playing Fleming deep- it may just be coincidental (time may tell)- but the midfield has looked a bit more balanced. Flannigan wasn't wasting a lot of energy trying to do everything and we looked more structured. Our movement and drive as a unit was improved, but that may have been a combination of the big park at Hampden and an opponent not at their best. Still room for improvement undoubtedly, but couldn't really have asked for a better reaction in terms of results after the low point of Stair Park. Let's see if we can build on it in the next couple of games, fingers crossed.

I'd put Meggat in at left back and leave the rest of the defence and midfield alone. Clearly early days to see how Fleming does in the DM role, but he has the physical presence for it, like Simmy. Interesting that Father Barry... says the balance of the midfield has been better.

On 31/10/2017 at 19:35, BigMartyn86 said:

We've scored eight goals and only conceded one whilst missing some key players, especially in defence. I think PJ and Malcolm are the way to go up front with Renton coming off the bench if we want to make the play offs. Fleming showed up OK on Saturday but he looks unfit for a midfield role and will be found wanting against a better midfield. He's no Ryan McCord.

Saturday is a another great chance against another poor team to get three points and push up the table.

Any more news on the injuries?

There will be injury news  and more cliched waffle in half an hour.

Also give Wasps1 one job and he'll move the camera from where it was perfectly placed to get the managers head out of the frame. :thumbsdown

We are running a last man standing competition as a way of raising some much needed funds for the supporters team. More info is on the link below. If you would like a shot then get in touch. The prize pot is split 50/50 between the team and winner.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1983394665235059&id=1675805185994010

Did not realise that george ormiston had passed away till today, so sad but inevitable AAFC never had such a dedicated supporter and probably never will ,

mike mulraney you have big ,big boots to fill , when i read old programmes and think back to games gone by from many years ago his name was always there

sad news and condolences to his immediate family , you never know what you had till it is gone .............................................

Why is that clown of a tannoy announcer still at the club he abuses fans and now talking over and playing music over a minutes silence for the clubs president an absolute imbecile of a man. Surely this can't have gone unnoticed by club officials.

Another bug bear is why dose he play music over the start of game. He can surely see the ref indicating he's about to start. Just stop playing your shite music and stupid little power games8f942516d65d1bb68b41826c8c93f774.jpg