The Alloa Athletic Thread

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Be something there in about 5 minutes.

"Armageddon has arrived":thumsup2.

Enjoyed reliving the end of that match. Big Renton's reaction to his winner was great, running towards and roaring at those who had been shouting abuse at him, as well as booting the sponsor boards. Pretty intense stuff at the time.  I didn't realise at the game that he won the ball back in the build up to his winner too, as well as his assist on Cawley's goal. Loads of spirit from the big man on an afternoon that hadn't gone well for him for long spells. I was impressed and came away more hopeful that he can do a job for us with the right service.

Yeah I think so-at the game looked like Andy G made a good challenge and he just went down. Had he got a bit more on the ball to put it out for a corner I would have said no. But he caught the striker with his momentum and the boy looked pretty clearly through for a chance on goal.

Time  to go Jim embarrassing scoreline today, I was never convinced  when  he was  linked to the job good player gave us fight  in the middle of the park but as manager he got lucky with the squad and league position Jack Ross left us in. His selections in the playoffs last season were puzzling to say the least add to that his poor signings this season,  If we continue with him we have more chance of playoffs at the other end.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 16:54, number one wasp said:

Time  to go Jim embarrassing scoreline today

From the outside looking in he certainly seems to be taking you backwards at an alarming rate. Handy for us if we can win promotion as I miss the derby games.

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

From the outside looking in he certainly seems to be taking you backwards at an alarming rate. Handy for us if we can win promotion as I miss the derby games.

not all his  fault  we lost 3 key players, but he has replaced them with journeymen, although renton is growing on me. the danger is we might completely miss you lot and swap leagues

but to be honest i do not think things are that bad and we will pick up a bit ..not a lot but a bit .

This season was always going to be difficult having lost key players however letting holmes and marr go looked a huge mistake and it is turning out that way. It was always going to be tough to replace kirkpatrick considering the season he had last year but to replace him with thomas grant who cant even get a game is not a good piece of business in the slightest. Renton is beginning to grow on me as he is winning most in the air and is contributing a lot more to the attacks than he was in the first few games in the cup. Cant understand why cook has been so poor as he looked a good signing on paper but i dont know if its the way goodwin wants him to play or if he genuinely isnt good enough as adam martin looks streets ahead of him.

Realistically goodwin was always going to have a difficult job on his hands considering the seasons weve had in the last few years, but maybe he just doesnt have it.

Surely Goodwin can't have long left after another lacklustre result. I feel change is needed now before things get worse and we end up getting cut adrift at the bottom. The players he has brought in just aren't good enough.

The warning signs are there from other teams who have missed out on promotion or came down from the championship and went down again. Forfar, Arbroath, Cowdenbeath, Stirling, Clyde.

Hopefully Mulraney doesn't make the same mistake as he did with Maitland and Lennon and wait until it's too late.

I see we've got Stenny away in the Scottish Cup. Tie to be played 18th of November.

I'd be surprised if Jim gets the bullet any time soon; we'd probably need to go on a long run of poor defeats.

I do wonder if he has any regrets about letting go some of last season's squad, though.

I'd be surprised if Jim gets the bullet any time soon; we'd probably need to go on a long run of poor defeats.
I do wonder if he has any regrets about letting go some of last season's squad, though.

1 win in our last 6 only scrapped through two wins against teams below us in the league and 1 victory in cup against a Dundee youth team is not great stats better managers have lost their job with these stats

Serious questions have to be asked, in my opinion jim hasnt done an awful lot of good at all since coming in, i was showing him my support but i feel i have done so for too long, not good enough.

Forfar will get a lift with the new manager coming in which is worrying.

Our win against forfar was papering over the cracks.

Dont even blame the players, jim should be playing adam over cook who has shown nothing so far.