The Alloa Athletic Thread

Just now, whereismillar said:

we let in two goals in overtime ! solid?

we will be battling relegation , make no mistake ! no forward line and no prospects.

Yep, solid overall. Defence was really good over the piece. McKeown did well on his return and we coped fairly well after Graham went off injured. Two good goals at the end, Floods goal in particular was a beauty where it was fairly impossible to attribute blame to the back 4.

3 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Yep, solid overall. Defence was really good over the piece. McKeown did well on his return and we coped fairly well after Graham went off injured. Two good goals at the end, Floods goal in particular was a beauty where it was fairly impossible to attribute blame to the back 4.

Fair enough , but i am shocked at the poor quality of our new signings apart from maybe malcolm/meggat (how many goals have the new signings scored ? especially league

poor . signings are all part of a managers ability and this is a big negative on jim

Up front and a more rigid structure in midfield is where the problems currently lie. Our defence is pretty good.

The quality is definitely down on last season, but I still think we can get more out of the players we have.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

5 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

we let in two goals in overtime ! solid?

we will be battling relegation , make no mistake ! no forward line and no prospects.

We were pushing for the winner when Stevie does an awful pass and they humped the ball over a tiring Meggatt. McKeown gets across to cover but cutback to McMullan outside the box and the finish was good. This was game over then and Floods is an even better finish again from outside the box. I think in the whole game there were 5 times I was worried about a Dundee United attack. In my mind we edged possession and definitely had territory advantage.

42 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

We were pushing for the winner when Stevie does an awful pass and they humped the ball over a tiring Meggatt. McKeown gets across to cover but cutback to McMullan outside the box and the finish was good. This was game over then and Floods is an even better finish again from outside the box. I think in the whole game there were 5 times I was worried about a Dundee United attack. In my mind we edged possession and definitely had territory advantage.

It was a dundee united selection  in the irn bru cup . nothing you can take from this  IMO.

next league game then we will see ..

Edited by whereismillar

7 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

It was a dundee united selection  in the irn bru cup . nothing you can take from this  IMO.

next league game then we will see ..

I think we look distinctly average so midtable wouldn't surprise me but I think there is something to come from this team that will take us up the table to the playoff spots.

Edited by LeodhasXD

Not sure where else to put this, but today I stopped by the new cinema that's going to be running in Chalmers on weekdays. Looks fucking magic, and I'd recommend anyone local who likes a trip to the pictures drop by tomorrow for one of the brief demos they're running all day. Licenced bar, leather sofas, and a cracking picture/sound system  :thumsup2

Apparently Alloa used to have three dedicated cinemas, so between that and the train station, it appears we've got back to where the town was in the Sixties  :mellow:

I love Ben :wub:. But surely we don't need another CB. 

I'm not sure. Maybe not of Bens quality & wage bill but Jim was knackered on Saturday and probably doesn't want to play that much, Hoggan is injured, Andy facing 4/6 weeks out. Even a short term deal to get him on his feet again. Back four of Taggs, Frank, Ben & Meggs.