The Alloa Athletic Thread

Not to be rude to Craig, who's been a good servant, it will free up a wage in a position we have a future prospect in already. Hopefully means we could get another signing in the door in the next couple weeks.

Edited by LeodhasXD

Craig McDowall was always excellent cover for Scott Bain and Neil Parry. I thought he was better than John Gibson in the era when they were battling for the jersey. He played in victories over Rangers and Hibs and was unbeaten as Alloa keeper in the 2 games he played at Ibrox. That isn't too bad at all :). Good luck to him, hope he gets a regular game somewhere and does well.

Good chance for Andrew Wilson now to continue his development.

6 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Not to be rude to Craig, who's been a good servant, it will free up a wage in a position we have a future prospect in already. Hopefully means we could get another signing in the door in the next couple weeks.

Well that would be a bonus , but i hope if it does happen jim signs someone who will make an impact at the club as the other new signings he made are

to be honest "underwhelming" .

Hmm, balls. Thought we were well covered in goal, but it'll be worrying if Parry takes an injury now. Folk who've seen the development team lately will know more, but Andy Wilson hasn't looked ready for the first team on the few occasions I've seen him.

Hopefully McD has something to go to this time. He looked like he'd improved since last time round, but still needs to work on handling set pieces.

Wilson did fine in his one first team outing last season at Cliftonhill. Good chance for him to step up, although sad to see McD go. As Waspie says played in some big games for Alloa over the years, fine backup and a decent guy.

I'm more concerned about the lack of shirt sponsor, and bare advertising boards. Crowds are also quite low in terms of home support. Even the carrot of a decent Hibs side didn't pull in numbers to any great degree.

I believe some track side stuff is pending. Hopefully this will pick up, as sponsorship is vital to the club.

Wilson did fine in his one first team outing last season at Cliftonhill. Good chance for him to step up, although sad to see McD go. As Waspie says played in some big games for Alloa over the years, fine backup and a decent guy.

I'm more concerned about the lack of shirt sponsor, and bare advertising boards. Crowds are also quite low in terms of home support. Even the carrot of a decent Hibs side didn't pull in numbers to any great degree.

I believe some track side stuff is pending. Hopefully this will pick up, as sponsorship is vital to the club.

Are the sponsorless shirts available to buy? I quite like the old school feel, and would gladly buy one to support the club. Although I do hope we find a sponsor soon. We must be the only SPFL team not to have a shirt sponsor.

Sad to see McDowell go, but if he can find regular first team football, then great for him. Can't imagine he would have left without something lined up, as surely it's better to be on the bench with a chance of playing if Parry gets injured than not playing at all.

7 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Boards are getting updated to match the shiny new backing.

Are the sponsorless shirts available to buy? I quite like the old school feel, and would gladly buy one to support the club. Although I do hope we find a sponsor soon. We must be the only SPFL team not to have a shirt sponsor.
Sad to see McDowell go, but if he can find regular first team football, then great for him. Can't imagine he would have left without something lined up, as surely it's better to be on the bench with a chance of playing if Parry gets injured than not playing at all.

My mate's got me this seasons Jersey for my birthday - no sponsor. I think they went straight to the supplier though

30 minutes ago, pencils said:

Don't shoot the messenger but heard through the grapevine Goodwin has managed to convince Iain Russell out of retirement. He was training on Tuesday night

I would actually be okay with that. What was he 4th top scorer in the league last year?

Hmm...apparently he works at a hair transplant company during the week. Poor baldy Longworth just has nae luck.

He scored eighteen in thirty-two for Airdrie. You would not say no, even at 34.