The Alloa Athletic Thread

Signed Callum Crane from Hibs. Left back previously at Berwick Rangers. Good timing on that because Stevie Hetherington has had some awful performances there.

Agree, Hibs fans seem to rate him too. Be interesting to see what Berwick fans think.

Another signing up front would be too, expect another loan I'd imagine.

12 hours ago, Waspy said:

Ex wasp Scott Hynd joins Sauchie juniors.

I thought Scott did well on the few occasions I saw him play for Alloa. Was unlucky after an excellent performance when he got a start against Hibs that he didn't get a chance to build on it. Hope he gets lots of games at Sauchie and gets his career back on track. 

Don't know anything about this new loan signing but hopefully he can do a job. Would like to think a pacy striker is on the way too.

Excellent news about Callum Crane. Will we see him in action tomorrow? Hetherington is only really useful as cover at left-back, IMO, and we need him in midfield anyway. 

Echo Waspie's comments about Scott Hynd. Hope he does really well at Sauchie. 

Be interesting to see the starting lineup tomorrow. Pretty strange if after sticking by him religiously in the second half of the season, Frank McKeown has an extended spell on the bench after doing not an awful lot wrong. No problem at all with Meggatt at CB obviously. His more favoured position for me.

I thought Hetherington did OK at left back against Hibs after a shaky start. He was up against a decent player in  Martin Boyle. Agree it's not ideal for him filling in there regularly though.

Harsh on hetherington, had a very tough test up against boyle last week and i felt dealt with everything he threw at him, probably right about being needed more in midfield though having said that.

Meggatt at centre half for me.

Hope crane does well, as previously said hibs must fancy him if they are loaning him out at that age.

Be interesting to see the starting lineup tomorrow. Pretty strange if after sticking by him religiously in the second half of the season, Frank McKeown has an extended spell on the bench after doing not an awful lot wrong. No problem at all with Meggatt at CB obviously. His more favoured position for me.

I thought Hetherington did OK at left back against Hibs after a shaky start. He was up against a decent player in  Martin Boyle. Agree it's not ideal for him filling in there regularly though.

Think he will go with 3 centre backs and Taggart and Crane as wing backs

Hope crane does well, as previously said hibs must fancy him if they are loaning him out at that age.

I'd say the opposite is the case. If they fancied him, he'd bein or on the edge of the match day squad.

Pretty strange if after sticking by him religiously in the second half of the season, Frank McKeown has an extended spell on the bench after doing not an awful lot wrong.

Yeah, a bit odd. Maybe it's belatedly dawned on Jim G that McKweon/Graham as a partnership lacks pace. Not sure if last week was purely a tactical decision against a mobile and quality Hibs attack.

3 minutes ago, BigMartyn86 said:

Only seen us pre season against St Mirren but for all the doom and gloom that I've read I thought we played very well today. No failures today for me.

maybe wouldnt pinpoint anyone but generally a bit untidy , Still trying to see what fleming brings to us , maybe it will come ?

to be fair though we did play well in patches , better than we have been ..