The Alloa Athletic Thread

57 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Surprised wee Kev came off so early TBH; thought he had another good game. Always surprises me how good he is at harrying opposition players when they have the ball, considering he's an attacking player.

Hope wee Adam Martin recovers from the graze on his knee that the physio spent so much time on  :P

Did the keeper bite him? Dirty bandit.

very early doors (mid July) but the warning signs for a difficult season are there.  Poor in the final third and  I was surprised when we scored to be honest. We still are excellent in the middle of the park with Robertson and flannigan and we have class at the back but it's goals that win games. 

Early days but it was evident last night that the new signings have a learning curve to make up to come up to the standards set by players such as Cawley  flannigan and taggart. 

I really didn't think Arbroath were up to much and was expecting better from them especially coming up as champions . They still have McCord to come in for them though -a terrific player at this level. 

We did huff and puff a lot in the final third, but we did enough to merit at least a draw. McKeowns goal was a beauty.

Robertson, Cawley and Flannigan all good as well as McDonald and Martin.

Can see the changes the managers trying to make- early days of course.

Enjoyed the game. Two teams who played football. Arbroath have a lot of ability in the final third. I thought they also defended well when we were on top, which we were for pretty much the whole of the second half.

Cook was poor and Arbroath dealt with Fleming and Renton well. So early days on those three. Might take a few weeks to gel/ get the balance right in an attacking sense. Obviously Malcolm needs to come into that mix.

very early doors (mid July) but the warning signs for a difficult season are there.  Poor in the final third and  I was surprised when we scored to be honest. We still are excellent in the middle of the park with Robertson and flannigan and we have class at the back but it's goals that win games. 
Early days but it was evident last night that the new signings have a learning curve to make up to come up to the standards set by players such as Cawley  flannigan and taggart. 
I really didn't think Arbroath were up to much and was expecting better from them especially coming up as champions . They still have McCord to come in for them though -a terrific player at this level. 

Think the final article will be different.

Thought we were comfortable until Hammy went off, but McCord, Whatley, Swankie will also come in and Danny Denholm who I think will be one of our best players had an absolute holocaust last night, nowhere near upto speed.

Well off the pace last night, early days so i wont right off our season just yet.

Malcolm i was very impressed with in the previous weeks not so good that hes injured but thats football.

Think we are maybe a couple bodies short.

Arbroath offered very little other than the goal but neither did we.

Would've got more entertainment from throwing £16 down at the bus station and watching all the junkies fight each other for it. On top of everything already said the team looked like they hadn't even met each other before at times. Concerning stuff even this early on.

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

Scott hynd still with you lot never seen him mentioned last night.

No. Was released. Wasnt there last night but from what I saw against Arbroath last week he could have done at least as well as the donkeys we've signed up front this season.