The Alloa Athletic Thread

I live near a Highland League team. I'm not a supporter but I used to go to a few games a year when it cost £5. The price went up to £8 and I don't go anywhere near as often, it feels like too much when I don't have a real attachment to the club. Looking at it from that perspective, there is absolutely no way that people in Alloa who aren't regular supporters are going to go along and pay £16.

1 hour ago, Trips said:

Are Alloa bringing out new strips for the coming season?

Last year we played with the previous seasons strips in the pre-season friendlies. That will be the case again.

Edited by LeodhasXD

Been looking at the Kilmarnock website , no news regarding the signing of callum Waters , ??

He should be signed either today or tomorrow before the squad flies out to La Manga for a weeks intense training.

What Callum like, is he decent?

Howdy Alloa fans- here's a quiz I've made up for you to try. https://www.sporcle.com/games/purplefrogg6/alloa-athletic-top-5-scorers-since-9899

It's the Alloa top-5 scorers each season since 98/99 (sorry @Wilkinson1998 some are possibly before your time)

Please give it a go and let me know how you got on or if anything needs changed! Just need to type in the surnames 

Thank You.

On the plus side were not all the colt teams roundly beaten straight away last year? And going off league placing Dundee were one of the worse teams so should be an easy tie? 

In all honesty though annoyed we've drawn a colt team.

24 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

On the plus side were not all the colt teams roundly beaten straight away last year? And going off league placing Dundee were one of the worse teams so should be an easy tie? 

In all honesty though annoyed we've drawn a colt team.

The only colt sides who beat SPFL opposition last year were Hearts, who beat Stirling Albion, Partick, who beat Clyde, and Celtic who beat Annan and then Cowdenbeath. Dundee lost to Cove, so I'm not expecting too much challenge from them. 

I'm away that week, so my only dissapointment is I will be unable to boycott the game. 

Edited by English Wasp

We should be sending our development squad to this one. 2 important league games either side of it.

Dont mind the inclusion of non league and even the Welsh and Irish teams in this but who is interested in watching Premier youth teams.

We should be sending our development squad to this one. 2 important league games either side of it.
Dont mind the inclusion of non league and even the Welsh and Irish teams in this but who is interested in watching Premier youth teams.

That would be a very Jim Goodwin thing to do. Bold. Wouldn't be surprised.