The Alloa Athletic Thread

20 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Mackin then? Seemed okay last season, was there much he showed last season that wasn't against us?

Seems as though he'll be playing hold up for Peters/Carrick/Mullen. We've 4 strikers now and looking at Todorov again so maybe seeing you lot in the playoffs if we're going balls out attack :D 

Needs to work on anticipation, particularly off the shoulder of defenders but that will hopefully come with more games at senior level. Has a good first touch and has merits on the edge of the penalty area where he causes problems. Not the typical target man he appears to be based on his height etc, but again with more experience I think he should be able to improve on this and become more of a presence. Has something, but very much a work in progress with a way to go.

On 6/21/2017 at 22:19, Craigy said:

If that's the case FB, and if only Martin and Hoggan look ready then our squad looks really lightweight and threadbare, I sincerely hope not but could be a long season if we pick up any long term injuries etc.

Doesn't mean others cant kick on of course- grasping opportunity is everything, and theres some areas position wise where we are stronger, therefore chances to make the breakthrough in these areas are much tougher.

In the case of the Hynd and Wilson departures, I think it was of benefit to the players more than anything else. Being at Alloa so long, a wee bit of frustration and complacency had perhaps crept in, which is absolutely natural. I dont think the majority of the development team are currently quite at the level of those two, and should there be an injury crisis I would expect the manager to look at whats available on the market rather than flood the team with kids.

30 minutes ago, BigMartyn86 said:

We host Raith Rovers on the opening day of the season. It shall be delightful to welcome Barry Smith and his newly developed brand of total football to The Recs.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/beta/football/teams/alloa-athletic/scores-fixtures/2017-08

Just don't try the soup.

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Train station to ground...walk able?

Easily (Having said that I always stop at a pub in the middle).

Edited by renton

Not that it really matters, but the order of the fixtures is pretty disappointing besides that wee February Arbroath/Stranraer away double whammy.

Always prefer a nice wee August away trip, plus some decent away action over the holiday period. We have none of that and on the surface a tough run in.

8 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Just don't try the soup.

I think we've started the stovies since last you were at the Recs, not to mention the tarte au macaroni en rouleau de pain, so the next culinary review should be a belter.

4 minutes ago, Wilkinson1998 said:

That's absolutely brutal, the only games I will make this season is the first east fife away and the Christmas period games. None of which excite me tbh.

Work's for losers anyway, let's be honest. About time the retirement age was lowered to something sensible like, oh, 39.

Not sure where I've pulled that number from, but I'd be willing to negotiate it down to another random figure. Say 19, perhaps.

Work's for losers anyway, let's be honest. About time the retirement age was lowered to something sensible like, oh, 39.
Not sure where I've pulled that number from, but I'd be willing to negotiate it down to another random figure. Say 19, perhaps.

19 will do, who's coming to my retirement party in august then?