The Alloa Athletic Thread

How's Mackin getting on for you guys? He's been pitching up on the bench for our u20s now and again. Has he made much of an impact at all?

I've missed most recent games so think I've only seen him 2/3 games. He's looked decent when I've seen him though and offers something else up front. Going by what I've heard from other fans he's definitely made an impact and we missed him in a game he didn't play.

I've missed most recent games so think I've only seen him 2/3 games. He's looked decent when I've seen him though and offers something else up front. Going by what I've heard from other fans he's definitely made an impact and we missed him in a game he didn't play.

He has scored the odd goal , a good physical presence up front ,but still a bit raw.

Cheers both. Given the other options we've got up front at the moment (Bowman & Blyth) haven't exactly hit the ground running in terms of goals there's a chance he may see some game time with us next season if he sticks around.
Pleased to hear he's at least added a bit to your side though.

Jim goodwin likes him a lot, he will only get better ,a good league 1 side  is probably his level at the moment but he will improve

i think the loan spell will be good for both parties , as it should be , he did well for our third goal yesterday although he didnt score,

put one in at livi last week, seems a very likeable lad.

He has improved a lot through getting competitive games. Alloa are a passing team and has had to link the play and drop short. His touch has improved and he has benefited being wit us. 

A prospect for me. 

Yeah, Mackin is doing OK. He'll need to improve to make it at Motherwell and he isn't quick, but he is big and strong and there have been plenty players who have made good football careers leveraging those assets.

Going by the managers previous policy, Marr should keep the jersey until either injured or form slides. Hes done well in his two games back so far.

McKeown has been decent and settled in well. But I still think Jason is a better player- more composed, awareness and certainly better distribution from the back.

I don't think it's particularly critical which plays-both are good, steady reliable defenders- but Marr the better option.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

Going by the managers previous policy, Marr should keep the jersey until either injured or form slides. Hes done well in his two games back so far.
McKeown has been decent and settled in well. But I still think Jason is a better player- more composed, awareness and certainly better distribution from the back.
I don't think it's particularly critical which plays-both are good, steady reliable defenders- but Marr the better option.

Can't disagree with any of that and I'd go with Jason, but I think Jim will go back to McKeown.

Jason was his usual excellent self on Saturday and his ability on the ball played a part in how well we played, especially second half when we switched the play from left to right effortlessly. He did create one potentially hairy moment when he tried to play the ball out of defence at 0-0 when a boot clear was required.

Given the depth of squad we have it will be interesting to see how the manager utilises that during the playoffs with two hard games a week, especially in midfield.

2f469d30e24aa39c90ffb2d1e3cf7477.jpgA player starved of chances at Alloa doing well in the league below. Anyone take another chance on him in the summer? Definitely got something & not given a shot at Alloa due to illness etc. I'd go for it! Obviously would depend a lot on what league we were in.

21 minutes ago, Oweny said:

Does anyone know the play off dates that are scheduled? Are these fixed ? 

Oweny

10th and 13th May for semi-final. 17th and 21st for the final. Following the established format we'd be away for the first leg of the semi. Winner of our semi would be at home for the first leg of the final.

15 hours ago, Waspie said:

10th and 13th May for semi-final. 17th and 21st for the final. Following the established format we'd be away for the first leg of the semi. Winner of our semi would be at home for the first leg of the final.

Think we're home if the league 1 team wins against the championship team on the 21st.

19 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Think we're home if the league 1 team wins against the championship team on the 21st.

Yep, thats correct.

Stranraer (4th in League One) beat Livingston (9th in Championship) last season.

Stranraer were then at home first leg to the winner of the 2nd vs 3rd semi (Ayr United)