The Alloa Athletic Thread

Got to be Graham, can't remember him putting a foot wrong all season, consistency in his performances has been outstanding. Feel like Waters has dipped the further into the season we've gone. Going forward in particular he seems to have gone off the boil, too many crosses going loose for me. Shame we've picked Andy up so late in his career!

I don't think anyone could complain about Andy Graham being our POTY. Remarkable consistency, and hopefully his legs hold up well enough for us to get another season or two out of him. That just about puts him ahead of Waters and Kirkpatrick, who we'll be similarly lucky to have with us next season. Fingers crossed.

I might go for Spence, though. His movement is head and shoulders above anything I've seen us against in League One this year, maybe even Buchanan, and there's no arguing with that goal total.

Another excellent squad this season.

Point mentioned above about likes of Kirky & Waters moving on this season. That's why I want promotion so badly because if we don't we can expect a lot of this team to move on up to the championship anyway. Really don't want to see another massive squad change over & the team we have just now is one of the best we've had in a while. Exciting players all over the park that with a few tweaks and signings could hold their own in the Championship.

6 hours ago, falkirkwasp said:

What terrible moments, dont really recall him playing in any other role than the number 10.

I don't think terrible is the word I'd use, but his form did dip around October/November time. I remember in the first few months of the season thinking "why is this guy not playing at a higher level" and that dip maybe provided the answer. Hes recovered well though and has been excellent again in the past few months.

7 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I don't think anyone could complain about Andy Graham being our POTY. Remarkable consistency, and hopefully his legs hold up well enough for us to get another season or two out of him. That just about puts him ahead of Waters and Kirkpatrick, who we'll be similarly lucky to have with us next season. Fingers crossed.

I might go for Spence, though. His movement is head and shoulders above anything I've seen us against in League One this year, maybe even Buchanan, and there's no arguing with that goal total.

Another excellent squad this season.

I think there isn't much between Greig and Buchanan- both have aspects where they are perhaps stronger. Greig is still relatively young, certainly in comparison to Buchs. I don't think Buchanan would have scores any more for us this season than the total Greig has accrued so far. I still think Greig could play full time in the Championship at minimum.

I don't think terrible is the word I'd use, but his form did dip around October/November time. I remember in the first few months of the season thinking "why is this guy not playing at a higher level" and that dip maybe provided the answer. Hes recovered well though and has been excellent again in the past few months.

Nor is it a word i would use, granted he isnt very defensive minded. When we had our little spell it didnt suit him too much but now as were back playing to our potential he is one of our best players for me.

Totally deserved JG I love his comments on BBC about Livi starting the mind games early

"They're certainly in the driving seat, it's their's to lose, but if they're going to win the league then they'll have to go and get it. We won't hand it to them."

"If they go and lose on Saturday and we win then it's down to four and we have to play each other"