The Alloa Athletic Thread

Suppose that's us done for the window. Has it been a good one do you think?

McCluskey our best bit of business I think.

Difficult to know, but I think Goodwin has signed players in the positions we needed them.

His problem now will be managing the better squad and getting the right eleven on the park each game.

It will be interesting to see who starts on Saturday against the best team in the division. You'd think we could be doing with Flanny and Robertson starting, but who then drops out?

Was Luke Donnelly on loan at Alloa for the first half of this season? If so, how was he? There's talk of us getting him in on an emergency loan due to our growing list of injuries to attacking players.

Aye he was. Played the odd 10 minutes every week or so. Wasn't up to much but what can you really do coming on a sub for the last 10 minutes of every game.

Was Luke Donnelly on loan at Alloa for the first half of this season? If so, how was he? There's talk of us getting him in on an emergency loan due to our growing list of injuries to attacking players.

His first game for us was off the bench vs Albion Rovers where he came on looked decent, chipped in with a goal but did look like he was needing some sharpness about him.

After that he never really kicked on and couldn't win a place in our first team and never really got much game time.

I think the potential is there for him and he just needs a team with the right fit for him.

Maybe he'll do better for your lot with Nesbit already there.

He didn't really get much of a chance. I thought he showed some ability and would have liked to have seen him playing a bit further forward, maybe even up front more.

18 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Good to see the Twitter up & running again - hopefully sticks. Only club in Scotland who didn't have one!

Credit to the guys at Alloa for starting this up this season with the YouTube and Twitter. Been top quality.

We'll see how long the one man operation can last before burnout inevitably sets in.