The Alloa Athletic Thread

What's behind him coming to Alloa? Just a name thrown into the hat or something more behind it?

Not a clue - just responding to Waspy's comment and the fact we'd probably be quite happy to put him out on loan.

Would seem a strange one with you already loaning Loy out.

Yordi isn't good enough to be honest.

We've got Haber, Wighton and El Bak. We aren't really playing Wighton or El Bak as out an out strikers anyways. I don't think we'd put up a huge fight to keep him tbh. He was behind Loy in the pecking order and he wasn't getting anywhere near the team either.

Yordi isn't good enough to be honest.

We've got Haber, Wighton and El Bak. We aren't really playing Wighton or El Bak as out an out strikers anyways. I don't think we'd put up a huge fight to keep him tbh. He was behind Loy in the pecking order and he wasn't getting anywhere near the team either.

Ah well, I stand corrected. However your flattering review of him doesn't fill me with confidence. I'll pass.

Just now, KierenAAFC said:

I have no idea who he is but a quick google search & I've found he played with Goody at Hamilton. Could be a shout.

Was with us a few years back, bit of a bombscare. Scored a few OGs against Rangers I'm sure. Been in America ever since, he's a similar player to Darren Cole for us :whistle

2 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

I have no idea who he is but a quick google search & I've found he played with Goody at Hamilton. Could be a shout.

He dragged down Riordan when we played you a few years ago so he didn't have to chase after him. Getting sent off is what he does best, closely followed by putting the ball in his own net.

I doubt he'd be near the starting 11, purely squad depth with Graham & Marr forming a strong partnership. Still, we'll see who it is. Don't think it'll be a starter whoever it is. Unless we want to permanently adopt the 5 at the back formation and he is filling in Goodwin's place.

Just seen he was released from Stranraer after being "frustrated with lack of playing time". Based on Stranraer's league position this, as well, would be a very underwhelming signing.

Hopefully Frank reads this then

Class player who cares about their league position, would you turn down Willie Gibson or Agnew cause Stranraer were having a shite season or McAllister from Peterhead